All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date
Connor, Clark & Lunn Investment Management (“CC&L”), an affiliate of the Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group, has managed institutional portfolios using proprietary quantitative models for over 20 years and has grown to become one of the largest quantitative equity teams in Canada. The team is responsible for managing Canadian and global equity portfolios in excess of $24 billion Canadian dollars.
Our quantitative equity team is looking for a talented and motivated individual whose skills and interests align with the team’s mission to deliver superior investment performance to our clients through unique and differentiated insights. You will contribute to this by improving the team’s process management systems, identifying existing or building out new unique data sets and taking part in the rigorous evaluation of improvements to our model. You can expect your role to grow steadily over time, providing an opportunity for you to develop and hone your skills and expertise and maximize your contribution.
What You Will Do
You will be a member of the Investment Process Management (IPM) team. The IPM team plays a central role in our portfolio construction process, with responsibility for the accurate and timely collection and transformation of data through robust and efficient processes. This is critical to our ability to systematically research and develop new investment ideas for our model and generate daily trades to capture these insights in our portfolios.
- Providing real time support for critical processes required for monitoring and executing trades
- Developing and managing portfolio and financial data and investment models
- Maintaining and updating global equity investment processes
- Working with other members of the portfolio management, trading, and research teams
- Industry Experience: One to three years of related work experience, preferably in quantitative finance, equity investment or related fields
- Technical Skills: Exceptional analytical skills and ability to think critically and creatively
- Financial Knowledge: Thorough understanding of financial theory, models and financial statements
- Self-Starter: Motivated and willing to take personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work
- Collaborative: Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a desire to work in a team environment
- Time Management: Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple ongoing projects and daily responsibilities
- Education: Undergraduate degree in Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics, completion of CFA or relevant graduate degree is considered an asset
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group manages over $105 billion on behalf of institutional and individual clients. We believe that success in asset management is an outcome of attracting, retaining and motivating the most talented individuals in our industry.
This is best achieved by the delivery of:
- A High-Quality Environment: To work with people who we hold in high regard; to enjoy the time that we spend at work; to focus on productive activities without the distraction of politics and bureaucracy; to treat each other with respect.
- An Opportunity to Succeed: To do work that has value and which presents the opportunity for professional growth and development.
- Recognition and Reward: To recognize each person’s contribution and to align compensation with contribution.
Our business comprises eleven institutional investment affiliates that are responsible for investment decision making and client service, Connor Clark & Lunn Private Capital, which provides multi-asset class investment solutions and Connor, Clark & Lunn Funds, which distributes single strategy investments to individual investors. Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group partners with each of its affiliates by contributing world class operations, product development expertise, broad distribution and business management. We have grown from $29 billion in assets and 200 people in 2008 to over $105 billion and 700 people today and this has been accompanied by a high level of change in technology, types of assets managed, trading activity and geographic growth. As we look forward we can see both challenges and opportunities for further growth that only reinforce our commitment to attracting, retaining and motivating the most talented people in our industry.
CC&L is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or expression, disability, or age.
To apply for this position, please submit both your cover letter and resume combined as one PDF document.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies will be accepted.