If you love:
– making a positive difference,
– our Nation’s Veterans,
– shelter dogs and underdogs…
– marketing communications
– keeping things organized and on track
– being part of a dynamic team of people doing BIG work
we might just have the perfect position for you.
We are looking for a person to take responsibility for managing our marketing communications as well as supporting our team, primarily the efforts of our Executive and Development Directors. This person is:
– Is a self-starter
– Enjoys working in dynamic environments that sometimes require quick thinking and improvising in the moment.
– Loves to make a positive difference in the world, and with the people he/she/they works with.
– Is passionate about social media, website development and anything that allows you to share powerful stories with the world and build community.
– Is good with people, and comfortable working with Veterans with PTS through the application process and to build community/support thru other avenues.
– Full of ideas you love to bring to life.
– Well organized and good at managing projects to keep things moving forward.
– Open and willing to jump in on tasks outside the job description from time to time to cover the ever-changing needs of a growing non-profit.
– Experienced in some or all of these areas, even if that experience isn’t specific to a former job.
The job itself will entail the following tasks/expectations on a day-to-day basis:
– MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
o Build awareness and interest in CWAC thru communications, primarily social.
§ Create an active and robust community of people invested in CWAC’s story and success.
§ Support our Executive Director in fundraising efforts thru communications.
o Support the Development Director in the evolution of CWAC’s brand strategy
o Update and manage website, social channels, community pages
o Identify new opportunities, partnerships, etc. for CWAC to improve the work we are doing and who we are doing it with.
– VETERAN SUPPORT
o Help with onboarding of Veterans applying for and/or entering our programs
§ Ensure proper paperwork is completed and filed by working with Veterans to complete it all:
· Data base management and correspondence with new program Veterans
· Application, contract, health professional referral letter and DD214
· Place Veterans in Foundation Classes with trainers, help schedule
· Background check
· Keep track of training logs
· Keep all files organized and easily accessed by approved CWAC staff
§ Keep track of important demographics/research information for tracking and research purposes
§ Manage our Veteran community page(s) on social media by providing consistent and meaningful content that inspires and keeps people engaged, builds community and support for one another.
§ Work with CWAC team to gather and share content that is timely and appropriate to our Veterans.
§ Create/support team in creating postcards, gifts and other items to support and reward Veterans for their hard work and effort while training their dogs.
And will support additional efforts as needed:
– SUPPORT EXECUTIVE and DEVELOPMENT DIRECTORS
o Support ED on grants writing and development, project reports and fundraising efforts
o Support communications needed for Board members/meetings when/as needed.
o Support research projects and insight gathering to inform all aspects of CWAC
o Work with Development Director to guide the evolution and strengthening of the CWAC brand and community we are creating.