AES is accelerating the future of energy through innovations and new solutions for smarter, greener energy platforms. Now, we’re looking to empower the next generation of leaders through our Early Career professional programs.
AES is delivering differentiated solutions to customers and creating one of the largest and fastest growing businesses in the United States. We are looking for passionate individuals who share our vision of accelerating the energy transition, enabling a better future for our next generations.
As Commercial Analyst, you have the chance to apply your business knowledge and analytical capabilities to develop wind, solar, solar + storage, and stand-alone energy storage projects. You will work on projects with the goal of increasing the sustainability, competitiveness, safety, and reliability of our generation, transmission and electricity distribution platforms.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and high responsibility trading environment. You will have the opportunity to be on a visible position entailing considerable interaction with the front, middle and back-office and collect economic and financial information specific to a commodity market, conducts market sector or statistical analysis and interprets key market data elements into useful business information
This is a full-time position for 2022 college graduates as well as graduates of MS or PhD programs. We maintain offices throughout the United States with major hubs in San Francisco, Boulder, Indianapolis, Salt Lake City, Dayton Ohio, Houston and New York.
What You Will Do In this Role
- Assist with the validation of forward pricing, basis, and volatility curves.
- Support market-based asset valuation studies, regional power market assessments, price, and volatility analyses.
- Support in management of key stakeholders for each project.
- Participate in meetings with different functional teams as needed.
- Proactively seek out information and feedback on current assignments from others as well as develop working relationships with related work teams.
- Participate in project meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Conducts research including identifying data, data input, and statistical analysis of results and creates and maintains data analysis and reports.
- Prepares presentations to present analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Business, and/or related field of study preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, Microsoft Teams, MS Project
- Internship/Co-op/work experience preferred
- 3.0 Minimum GPA on a 4.0 Scale
- Willingness to relocate to one or more of our U.S. locations
- This position is not eligible for work via sponsorship
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines