View job on Handshake
This full-time position for a CNC Machinist is based in Mountain View, CA. You will be part of a cutting edge engineering team that is developing a roadable electric vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) vehicle called ASKA™.
About us: ASKA is an air mobility company, founded in 2018 and based in Mountain View, CA, The ASKA™ eVTOL vehicle drives on the road like a car and can take off vertically to fly like an aircraft. We have signed a five-year Space Act Agreement with NASA to advance our participation in NASA’s Advanced Air Mobility Campaign, jointly organized with the FAA. ASKA™ is targeted for certification in 2026, subject to standard certification.
Your role will be to build one of a kind parts for the ASKA™ drive & fly vehicle – are you ready for an interesting and exciting career challenge?
The CNC Machinist will perform detailed machine setups, CNC programming, machine process improvement and troubleshooting, and produce machined parts using two 5-axis CNC machines:
- HAAS model UMC-750
- Selway model Quantum QV5-3000
This job requires specific skills and experience
- Must be experienced and highly competent using 5-axis CNC machines, Fusion 360 and PowerMill® CAM software and FANUC
- 5 years experience setting up and operating CNC milling and/or turning machines
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Discuss project specifications with engineers to guarantee consistency between plans and products, and collaborate to modify designs if necessary
- Ensure that the machines are operating correctly and that pieces are cut to perfection
- Perform maintenance on the CNC machines
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Good communication skills and like working as a team
Please note before applying
- We are not offering relocation.
- Will consider a visa transfer for a qualified non-US candidate who is currently living and working in the U.S.
Competitive salary and benefits (medical and vision insurance…).