it’s what’s inside that counts
Learn what it takes to make the steel that builds America!
There’s more to CMC than our steel products and the buildings, structures, and roads they go into. At CMC, it’s the people inside our recycling centers, fabrication plants, steel mills and offices that make us who we are as a company. Our success comes from finding, retaining, and supporting the highest quality talent by offering:
- Competitive compensation
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid time off
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Company-paid life and disability
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
Future team members could begin and/or end in one of our many locations across the United States. Be prepared to travel and learn all the different facets of our business and see some of the most up to date technology and machinery from Knoxville, Tennessee to Sayreville, New Jersey.
Why This Job
Apply today to the CORE Career Path Program and learn what it takes to make the steel that builds America!
This program is a rotational, developmental program that provides you cross-functional, hands-on exposure in the field to deliver a holistic view of CMC’s business. It also gives you enhanced leadership skill training and development to prepare you for future leadership opportunities.
What You’ll Do
- Rotate through learning the functional areas of our lines of business (Mills, Fabrication, and Recycling)
- Work in field roles to learn processes and procedures
- Under the direction of management, work on business projects as assigned
- Coordinate and attend monthly check-ins with assigned Director/Business Partner to measure progress and obtain feedback
- May work in short-term assignment roles (fill in for vacations, vacancies, and other as required by the business)
- Train on and Safely operate mechanical equipment as required
- Attend, participate, and/or Facilitate meetings as required by Management
- Attend CMC Steel School and attend outside training as required
- Write progress reports on a monthly basis
- Participate in the CMC Safety Programs and proactively uphold the CMC Safety Culture
- Complete and present a capstone project at conclusion of program
What You’ll Need
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Ability to work at a variety of CMC Facilities; to include working outside in hot/cold/wet conditions, heights and/or unique situations
- Ability to work within all levels of the organization (shop floor to upper management)
- Possess High Integrity and work under the guidelines of CMC’s core values
- Must be self-motivated and results driven with a focus on customer service
- Must be able to work flexible hours and be available upon the needs of the business; to include occasional shift work
- Must have effective communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to work with all levels of the organization
- Must have the ability to analyze data, solve complex problems, and multitask well
- Must have high ethical standards and integrity to work under the guidelines of the company values
- Bachelors Degree required
We are Commercial Metals Company, a Fortune 500 company with a family feel that’s already part of your life. Our steel products have been supporting structures in more than 20 countries for over 100 years. And the secret to our success? We’ve built our legacy by assembling a team of innovators and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing our world over the last 100 years — but we’re just getting started.
If you’re ready to reimagine ways to make the steel industry more sustainable, reinforce the bridges and roadways connecting our communities, and do meaningful work, you’re ready to join CMC. Apply today and start moving your career — and our world — forward.
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.