The Clinical Research Billing Compliance Specialist will join the Department of OB/GYN’s clinical research office that provides clinical research coordination and regulatory support services to faculty, staff, and trainees conducting obstetrics and gynecologic-related research. Under direction of the Clinical Research Manager, the incumbent will analyze research protocols for clinical procedures to ensure comprehensiveness and accuracy of complex clinical research budgets, preparation of research budgets, negotiation with research sponsors regarding budgetary issues and routing contract documents through appropriate channels. In order to prepare accurate and compliant budgets, the applicant must be able to learn and understand complex research protocols. Developing a knowledge of UW Hospital and Clinics (UWHC), UW Medical Foundation (UWMF) and UnityPoint Health Meriter Hospital is important to budget development and management. This position must also learn, understand and apply university, state, and federal regulations that govern clinical research, and apply current issues in the ethical conduct of clinical research, particularly in the area of financial compliance.
Professionalism Considerations (Critical for Success):
– Approach others in a tactful manner.
– Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
– Accept responsibility for one’s own actions.
– Exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
– Include appropriate people in decision-making.
– Use system-thinking concepts.
– Maintain a customer and patient focused perspective.
The School of Medicine and Public Health has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end in itself but also as a valuable means for eliminating health disparities. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
– Experience with budgeting and/or post-award management preferred.
– Experience in a medical and/or research setting preferred.
– Experience with medical or insurance billing preferred.
Research staff with budgeting and/or post award management experience are encouraged to apply. We are also open to new graduates and those with limited experience who are willing to learn.
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment. University sponsorship is not available for this position.