Apex Analytics, a clean energy consulting firm based in Boulder, Colorado, is looking for an Analyst or Senior Analyst to join our team. Apex offers energy efficiency, beneficial electrification, demand response, dynamic pricing, and electric vehicle program planning and evaluation services for utilities, public agencies, and other program sponsors. We are a small, 13-person firm, offer a casual, highly collaborative, friendly working environment (dogs allowed), and value our time in and out of the office (we love our afternoon bike rides or runs). Our clients are located throughout the U.S., and think of us as dedicated partners in solving their most difficult problems related to the clean energy transition. Working in the clean energy space, we also believe that work should provide an opportunity to do “good” and do “well” at the same time.
Analyst position tasks include support and direct analysis for market research, impact evaluation, and cost-effectiveness testing of clean energy, demand response, dynamic pricing, behavioral, and energy efficiency programs, as well as supporting project managers to keep projects on task and on budget. The position will also require summarizing and visualizing the findings for client reports and presentations. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, independent problem solver who is detail-oriented.
- Collect, clean, synthesize, and analyze data from multiple sources, including energy consumption or energy device data, via code-based statistical tools such as Stata or R
- Collect and analyze qualitative data to describe markets and programs
- Support various tasks related to DSM program evaluation and research (survey analysis, sample design, forecasting, etc.)
- Visualize results and report findings in an understandable manner (charts, graphs, infographics)
- Assist with preparation of project deliverables including presentations, reports, and data exports
- Manage time and tasks to keep multiple projects on track
- Bachelors or higher degree with quantitative coursework (e.g., economics, statistics, math, computer science, engineering, physics, energy/environment, or related fields)
- Experience with a statistical programming language (Stata, R, Python, SAS, Julia, etc.)
- Advanced experience in Excel, including formulas such as vlookup/index/match/sumifs, pivot tables, charts, and figures
- Proven ability to stay on task and communicate well with the team
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects, multiple tasks and keep organized priorities
- Masters or higher degree with coursework in statistics and/or econometrics
- Expertise in Stata, R, or Python and experience in managing large datasets including high frequency advanced meter or other end-use energy consumption data
- Experience with database design
- Understand utility-run DSM programs and evaluation needs and knowledge of clean energy technologies
Apex Analytics offers competitive salaries and a generous vacation package. Full time and part-time options available. Office locations: Boulder, CO and Madison, WI.