Clean Energy Strategy Manager
· Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
· Con Edison, a multibillion-dollar combined electric, gas, and steam utility and a Fortune 500 company, is leading the clean energy transition in New York City and Westchester County. We are investing hundreds of millions of dollars annually to drive the development of electric vehicle charging infrastructure, intelligently integrate distributed resources into our electric, gas, and steam systems, and scale the adoption of energy efficiency and heating electrification technologies across our customers. The Portfolio Planning and Analysis (PP&A) department within the Energy Efficiency & Distributed Resource Planning (EEDRP) organization is seeking a creative, analytical, and strategic leader, passionate about the clean energy transition. The successful candidate will lead analyses, manage strategic initiatives, and support the process of obtaining strategic alignment across the organization in a broad and rapidly evolving set of strategic issues, such as light-duty and medium/heavy-duty charging program strategy, novel incentive structures to drive new technology adoption, and opportunities in distributed energy resource (DER) market enablement. This role will report to the PP&A Strategy Department Manager, with substantial cross-organization and executive engagement.
· Partner with the Electric Vehicle Charging and Distributed Resource Planning businesses on strategic initiatives, and provide analytical support to navigate the challenges and opportunities of the clean energy transition
· Identify business opportunities, develop business cases, and facilitate the development of go-to-market Solutions
· Identify issues, structure problems, develop detailed fact base and analysis, and drive alignment across organizations and up to senior executive leadership
· Manage cross-functional teams responsible for delivering strategic initiatives and developing new department offerings
· Develop economic models and analyses (such as, benefit-cost analysis) to support the development of business cases, and the launch of new initiatives
· Develop highly synthesized and structured senior executive presentations
· Tackle new challenges as they arise in a fast paced, rapidly changing business environment
· Represent the Company’s interests with external stakeholders, such as the New York State Department of Public Service (DPS) Staff
· Bachelor’s Degree And 5 years relevant experience At least 2 of which has been focused on the clean energy transition; at least 2 of which has been leading strategy development and alignment
· Master’s Degree And 3 years of work experience At least 2 of which has been focused on the clean energy transition; at least 2 of which has been leading strategy development and alignment
Required Work Experience
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize data and information into business insights, and effectively communicate insights in meetings, presentations, and in writing. Required
· Track record of supporting executive and organizational alignment on business strategy and implementation. Required
· Demonstrated success operating across business units in a matrixed environment. Required
· Superior skills in problem/opportunity identification, problem structuring, hypothesis generation, and techno-economic analysis. Required
· Demonstrated success working in a complex and fast-changing business and regulatory environment. Required
· Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to see the big picture, with superior attention to detail. Required
· Demonstrated experience managing teams or projects. Required
· Superior presentation skills and advanced use of Microsoft PowerPoint. Required
· Superior writing skills and advanced use of Microsoft Word. Required
· Superior analytical skills and advanced use of Microsoft Excel. Required
· At least 2 years experience leading strategy development and business alignment. Preferred
· At least 2 years business experience focused on the clean energy transition. Preferred
· Prior experience working with or for electric or gas utilities. Preferred
· Knowledge of regulated and/or market driven utility programs (e.g., energy efficiency). Preferred
· Knowledge of electric vehicle and EV infrastructure trends, technologies, and business models. Preferred
· Knowledge of distributed generation and energy storage technologies and business models. Preferred
· Knowledge of New York State’s Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA) and the local clean energy policy landscape. Preferred
· Prior experience developing or designing utility benefit-cost analyses (BCA). Pref
Licenses & Certifications
· Driver’s License Required
Other Physical Demands
· Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
· Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Interested in applying to this position, click on the below link and apply on-line:
E qual Opportunity Employer
· Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.