View job on Handshake
BNSF Logistics is a technology and people-driven third-party logistics company that delivers what matters – to our people, our customers, our carriers, and our communities. BNSF Logistics is a place where diverse talent works together every day in an inclusive way to create and implement the best ideas to help us DELIVER WHAT MATTERS. We achieve this through our commitment to our Guiding Principles which helps us create the ultimate competitive advantage in the marketplace.
We PROTECT THE WELL-BEING OF OURSELVES AND OTHERS
We DRIVE INNOVATION AND EMBRACE TRANSFORMATION
We RESPECT AND SERVE EVERYONE
We KEEP OUR COMMITMENTS
We FOSTER A COLLABORATIVE AND INCLUSIVE COMMUNITY
We CELEBRATE AND ENJOY THE JOURNEY!
The Carrier Sales Representative is a front line salesperson at BNSF Logistics focused on developing strong carrier relationships and leveraging technology to capture available capacity, cover available freight and grow market share with our carriers; as well as suppling exceptional service to our carriers and customers.
The Carrier Sales Representative must have at least one year of professional experience in a sales or customer service role. A positive attitude with a willingness to learn and desire for professional growth is required.
- Develop new carrier relationships through lead generation, calling prospective trucking companies and following up on referrals.
- Grow existing carrier relationship, understand current market share and growth potential.
- Identify and build strong relationships with key contacts at trucking companies, owner operators, managers, dispatchers, and drivers.
- Leverage our technology platform, Quest, to make informed decisions, negotiate price, drive automation and improve efficiency
- Proactively selling your capacity to internal stakeholders
- Identify issues and work with internal business owner to determine and implement the best solution
- Maintain regular carrier contact, inputting available capacity and preferences to secure new and manage existing business.
- Ensure shipment details are accurately communicated and tracked in the system
- Negotiate beyond price to demonstrate value for the carrier.
- Resolving issues that might arise concerning covered freight.
- Travel up to 10%
- Broad knowledge of a field such as business, accounting, finance, sales etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of related experience in a sales or customer relations capacity is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be perform duties outside of normal requirements from time to time.
BNSF Logistics offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending account
- Company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee discounts on autos, travel, electronics, insurance, etc.
- Tuition assistance
- Professional training staff with an industry-leading Learning Management System
- Company culture that recognizes its employees
BNSF Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.