WHO WE ARE
We’re Mercer – we believe in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries.
THE POSITION: Career Consulting Associate
Mercer is uniquely qualified to help organizations design and execute sophisticated workforce strategies, whether it’s for a multinational organization or a local company attempting to grow within its market. We provide best-in-class consulting, rigorous analytics, and data-driven insights that help organizations make fact-based decisions.
As a first year MBA or Master’s student, the first step in your career with Mercer’s Career business is as a Career Summer Associate. In this position, you will work with a broad range of clients and industries in a stimulating environment, participating as an integral member of project teams to diagnose issues and design strategic solutions that support clients’ success. A Career Associate collaborates with colleagues on numerous and varied projects in a learning-oriented environment and contributes to projects in multiple practice areas.
To learn more about Mercer’s Career practice, please visit https://www.mercer.com/what-we-do/workforce-and-careers.html
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office— specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills and apply critical thinking to solve problems
- Ability to collaborate with diverse teams and communicate with others in a skillful and engaging manner
- Flexibility to work under tight deadlines and adapt to changing client needs
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Progress toward completion of an MBA or master’s degree
- Significant coursework in a combination of finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, HR, and/or accounting
- Three to five years of relevant work experience in management consulting, compensation, finance, HR, corporate communications, accounting, or strategy preferred
- Project management experience; Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines simultaneously; strong attention to detail
- Legal work authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future is required
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE:
- Serve as a project manager in collaboration with senior consultants, helping to determine project direction and strategy, developing project timelines and budgets, and managing members on the team
- Write and structure client presentations and communications, including recommendations presented to boards of directors, executives, senior management, and HR leaders
- Engage with clients as a day-to-day point of contact and as a participant in meetings and presentations.
- Evaluate clients’ strategic business objectives and their implications for rewards, leadership, organization performance, and other HR policies and practices
- Interpret and draw meaningful conclusions from research and analysis conducted by analysts on industry and organization-specific issues, including business strategy, corporate performance, compensation and rewards practices and trends, global expansion, and best practices in career management
- Provide guidance and training to less experienced colleagues on Mercer tools and methodologies
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Be challenged to deliver effective solutions for major organizations and have a direct impact on their employees
- Fine tune your natural skills and learn new ones
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- Excellent growth, mobility and advancement opportunities
- Top benefits – generous PTO including vacation, sick, and even 1 day off for community service!
Candidates must apply via the Mercer careers website to be considered. Please follow the link in your school career system to the posting on our website or apply via our website directly. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first round interview. The interview process will include a two-part interview with Mercer Career Consultants.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. We offer several Business Resource Groups (BRGs) that employees can participate in (MMC Pride, Rising Professionals, Racial, Ethnic & Multicultural Diversity). Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer. For a glimpse into our culture check out our intern blog site at https://mercercampus.wordpress.com/.