Responsible for all day-to-day production operations for Redfeather Outdoor Canoes; ensures product line quality assurance and employee productivity; plans and establishes production schedule to meet on-time deliveries; responsible for ensuring the distribution of raw materials, equipment, machinery and supplies to eliminate down-time situations; responsible for employee safety and administers work rules and disciplinary actions. Responsible for facility security and upkeep.
1. Responsible for establishing work and production scheduling to meet the on-going day-to-day management of production; directs and leads production efforts and ensures a quality product, on-time delivery, at a competitive cost; implements productivity changes to enhance labor efficiency and cost reduction; ensures minimal scraps; coordinates support from other departments to meet production goals;
2. Implements production initiatives and communicates schedules to supervisors or lead personnel; responsible for labor efficiency reporting, product quality, validates production and timekeeping reporting; ensures NISH employee regulatory compliance; ensures that employees with disabilities are properly placed and trained for optimum performance; works with EHS to validate job standards as may be applicable to NISH/sub-minimum employees;
3. Works with production to secure product concepts and product design; directs in-process product inspection and participates/oversees product testing; ensures that production equipment is performing at optimal standards.
4. Directs periodic audits of production processes/methods to ensure compliance with technical specifications; directs and monitors product and operator performance/quality; ensures certification and training of production operators as required; analyzes production data and issues applicable reports; responsible for continuous improvement efforts;
5. Ensures product manufacturing integrity, manufacturing quality standards and on-time delivery;
6. Complies with and assists in the enforcement of applicable EHS/Safety rules; responsible for employee safety and timely accident reporting;
Performs other job related duties as required or assigned