Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking entry-level consultants for our Operations Excellence – IT Strategy & BPO practice. Operations Excellence (OpEx) is the optimization engine of West Monroe. OpEx consultants succeed in the evolving global marketplace by helping our clients realize the enduring benefits of business, process, and organizational optimization. OpEx consultants work side-by-side with client teams to deliver best practices and transform operations related to business and technology. OpEx consultants are an integral part of full-lifecycle projects, including strategy & planning, business process optimization, technology implementation and change management. OpEx consultants build a foundation of business process knowledge and industry expertise, while gaining hands-on experience with supporting technologies.
OpEx IT Strategy & BPO consultants work in a variety of projects including: designing IT and functional transformation and optimization strategies, leading sourcing and procurement events, mapping processes, gathering requirements, and creating solutions and recommendations. You will work directly with clients across a variety of industries to identify business needs and solve problems by using facilitation and analytical skills, and broad IT and business knowledge. You may participate in multi-disciplinary work teams to successfully execute complex projects.
Consultants in our Operations Excellence – IT Strategy & BPO practice have these primary responsibilities:
- Collaborating with clients to understand their business needs, current-state processes, and future-state requirements through interviews, documentation review, and facilitated workshops
- Memorializing the output of internal and client discussions through active listening, note taking, and critical thinking
- Gathering and writing functional and technical requirements for technology components, IT services, business processes, and/or commercial software applications
- Defining key performance indicators as well as associated data sources, calculations, and validation approaches
- Developing analytical frameworks and defining data requirements to capture current-state costs and project future-state costs and savings, including to identify and track cost and productivity improvements for clients
- Developing new modeling approaches and data analysis techniques for clients
- Collecting, organizing, cleansing, and manipulating large data sets
- Creating and presenting business cases and financial models
- Developing improvement roadmaps and execution workplans
- Developing Request for Proposal / Request for Quote documentation with associated pricing models, and response evaluation models
- Identifying trends using data, compiling reports, and monitoring results
- Collaborating with client and project team members to develop storyboards and creative ways to present complex concepts; developing resulting deliverable content
- Participating in the presentation of project or workstream content
- Helping to implement comprehensive project management plans across a program of multiple projects, and drive execution of individual workstreams through good program and project management practices
Here’s what you should bring to the table:
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Solid quantitative, analytical, problem solving, and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills to be able to work with client representatives at all levels
- Enthusiastic, friendly, motivated, and positive team builder
- Desire for continuous learning
- Preferred experience in the following activities:
- Structuring quantitative analysis
- Identifying data requirements
- Developing and documenting assumptions for analysis
- Performing data analysis and modeling
- Performing financial analysis and costs / benefit analysis
- Documenting processes
- Documenting business improvement recommendations
- Developing documents and presentations with writing styles aligned to various client and internal audiences
- Applying strong attention to detail to all work, both quantitative and written
- Establishing and cultivating relationships, and facilitating discussions with client counterparts
- Demonstrating advanced proficiency in MS Office365 tools
- Bachelor’s degree in progress with an anticipated graduation date between December 2021 and July 2022
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without limitation
- Ability to Travel Monday – Thursday (weekly) up to 50%
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
West Monroe is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.
About West Monroe
West Monroe is a national consulting firm that was born in technology but built for business—partnering with companies in transformative industries to deliver real, measurable results. Technology is who we are, it is not something we bolted on overnight, and we believe it is one of the greatest enablers of business value. That’s why we work in diverse, multidisciplinary teams that blend industry expertise with deep operational and technology capabilities to create quantifiable, financial value for our clients. Our 1,500 employees based in seven offices across the United States also own 100% of our business, so when you partner with us you know we are committed—because your success is our success. Our undeniably different approach breeds undeniable results. Visit WMP.com to learn more.