Business Systems Analyst I assists Business Systems Analyst II in requirements gathering and documentation of functionality for modifications or enhancements to existing or new software products by performing the following duties personally or through other team members. This is accomplished by participation in customer projects or internal initiatives.
General Job Duties
· Work with the project’s Business Systems Analyst II to create and maintain functional specification documents for software products.
· Work with the project’s Business Systems Analyst II and project stakeholders to gather requirements and system functionality with goal of receiving approval of project functional specification.
· Work with the project’s Business Systems Analyst II and customer to define and simplify requirements.
· Work with the internal and external project team to build the User Acceptance Test Plan.
· Develop system (overview and detailed) work flows that meet project requirements for each functional area of the system.
· Create and maintain product level requirements, standard work flows, and module descriptions for software products.
· Assist QA group in their efforts as needed to develop test plans and perform testing.
· Participates in internal integration testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials and products.
· Assist the Training and Development team with training material creation/maintenance.
· Assist with customer training.
· Provide Sales and Operations groups with product support.
· Work with project manager or Sales as Software Change Requests (SCR’s) are created.
· Assist with training Sales and Operations groups on new products or changes to existing products.
· Participate in on-site training, testing, project go-live as needed. Besides helping to provide project continuity, this is a great learning experience.
· Responsible for helping to educate the company on our software products. This may be accomplished through assisting with lunch time training sessions, email blasts, etc.
· Consistently communicate with the Business Systems Analyst Manager both good news and bad news.
Superior Performance Objectives
· Assist the Business Systems Analyst in a successful Functional Specification phase with the customer to formulate a plan on warehouse operations, detail areas of modifications and educate the customer on the software operations all within established project schedule.
· Rapid project development. Meeting specified deadlines.
· Flexibility to customize to our customer’s ever changing requirements.
· After Sales Support for the specific programs developed.
· Provide training to the company on Exacta software products.
· Provide helpful input on how we can get better. Continuous improvement.
· Help build the Bastian team to be a recognized leader in the industry, software development, and a great place to work.
· Timely completion of administrative tasks (time entry, time sheets, update of requirements in requirement management software, etc).
· Must be eligible to work in the USA long term without sponsorship.
· Please note this role is not remote, our company has adopted a hybrid work model which requires individuals to work in an office a few days a week.
· Bachelor of Science, Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; Master’s Degree.
· Experience gathering requirements from external customers
· Experience creating Functional Specification Documents (FSD)
· Willing to travel 20-25% of time
· Previous experience dealing directly with both customers and developers
· Strong analytical skills
· Understanding of software design and databases.
· Excellent problem solving capability (business and technical)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Enjoys working in the software development and automation technology field (very computer literate)
· Outstanding demonstrated performance in preceding career path
· Strong sense of customer service
· Team player
· Happy, positive, energetic attitude
· Ambition and desire to succeed