Internships at OppFi
At OppFi interns make a real-world impact, handling projects that require higher-level thinking, collaboration, and leadership. Interns operate as full-time team members and have been responsible for creating systems, tools, and practices that tangibly improve our bottom line and are still used today.
As a participant in our internship program, you’ll be part of a cohort of interns across 13+ departments. In addition to the work you’ll do within your department, you’ll get to know your fellow interns through a variety of collaborative projects and virtual social events.
We provide interns with career development opportunities including regular lunch and learns with leadership team members and a buddy program that pairs each intern with a tenured employee who serves as a friend and mentor. Our full-time employee base boasts a robust population of 20+ former interns, and whenever possible, we aim to extend full-time offers to interns who perform at a high level and achieve their summer goals.
This is a 10-week paid summer internship that will be remote flexible.
The Business Intelligence team sits within our Credit Department, which owns and maintains our core credit model and the majority of reporting throughout the company. We are a utility team that partners with all of the different sub-groups within the company to help develop dashboards and provide insights.
- Work with our primary BI tool (Periscope) to visualize crucial analysis and present findings to team members.
- Write complex SQL queries to obtain insights from our data to help improve contact center efficiency.
- Discuss potential areas of customer application funnel improvement with and present findings to partners and senior leadership.
- Graduating in June 2023 or December 2022.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, economics, business analytics, engineering, or computer science.
- Microsoft Excel.
- Proficiency with SQL.
- R/Python (preferred).
- Ability to break down problems and present findings concisely.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at firstname.lastname@example.org.