This recruitment is open & continuous. Applicant review is ongoing. The hiring manager reserves the right to make a hiring decision and/or close this position at any time.
The mission of Department of Health (DOH) is to protect and improve the health of people in Washington. We lead changes in policies, systems and environments to prevent illness and injury, promote healthy families and communities, and encourage healthy lifestyles. We do this by focusing on places where people live, learn, work, recreate, seek healthcare, and worship.
Reporting to the agency’s Data Pipeline Engineer Supervisor, these IT Data Pipeline Engineer (Journey) positions:
- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines in Azure.
- Support MS Power BI platformed data and Dashboard.
- Apply tactical expertise with a knowledge and understanding of standard technologies to ensure the ongoing maintenance and data delivery tools and associated data for our data rich environments.
- Ensure current state of data engineering within the agency is kept manageable and identify and guide agency efforts while ensuring data pipelines evolve in response to business solution needs (planning, analysis, design, configuring, and problem solving).
- Partner with the Enterprise Architecture Program, business analysts and software engineers, and other technical teams to develop the processes that captures, organizes, and routes data so that it can be used to gain insights important to business through the reduction of data points that may not be relevant.
- Manage and maintain the data pipelines that organizes data events to make reporting, analysis, and using data easier.
- Are responsible for the implementation and ongoing processes (applications of the pipeline) that create, maintain and improve the insight into real-time trends by leveraging functionality provided by business intelligence (BI) and analytics tools.
- Work directly with the Data Pipeline Engineer, other BI data Specialist, the Enterprise Architects and application developers to convert the architectural vision and blueprint into operational capabilities.
These full-time, permanent Business Intelligence Data Specialist positions are located within the Data Services section in the Office of Applications and Data Services.
The duty station for this position is in Tumwater, WA. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, telework (mobile-work) is currently expected. When approved to return, the incumbent will work with their supervisor to identify an appropriate work schedule and balance, including telework and reporting to the Tumwater duty station for work activities.