View job on Handshake
Date: Mar 8, 2022
Location: East Moline, Illinois, US, 61244
Company: John Deere
At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design, and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith’s shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Illinois – East Moline
Function: Data Science & Analytics
Title: Business Intelligence Analyst / Data Wrangler – 83643
Onsite/Remote: Onsite Position
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
As a Data Wrangler for John Deere Harvester Works located in East Moline, IL, you will efficiently retrieve internal and external data and ensure that source data is accurate, meaningful, and valid for use in analytics and reporting. In addition, you will:
- Develop and implement reports and dashboards using Power BI to enable Materials Organization users to mine and customize data and more efficiently solve problems with a focus on sustainable data usage including access, costs, and organization processes.
- Support, evaluate, and continually improve tools to maintain alignment with strategic goals of the business
- Locate and acquire data from existing data locations, external sources, and new data sources as needed to support analytics and reporting.
- Organize and clean the data to remove quality issues, combine data sources, and provide relevant information while acting as data steward or custodian of certain data elements within data pipelines
- Support the effort to close data quality gaps by identifying areas that need to be changed and escalating as appropriateEfficiently retrieves internal and external data and ensures that source data is accurate, meaningful, and valid for use in analytics and reporting. This level works with structured data from a single source requiring little to no linking. Where data is not standard, performs analysis and identifies automation opportunities to create standard reports. Supports reporting requests and identifies data quality issues. Updates existing dashboards. Works under supervision.
What Skills You Need
- 1 or more years of experience using reporting & visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, Visual Studio)
- 1 or more years of experience utilizing complex queries to wrangle and analyze datasets using programs such as Python, PySpark, VB.Net, Microsoft SQL Server, Hana, DB2, SAP etc.
- 1 or more years of experience building databases and data pipelines in platforms such as Databricks or Alteryx
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with SQL and VBA programming languages
- 1 or more years of experience leading cross-functional projects
- Experience working in SAP Production control systems
- Has a general knowledge of manufacturing, material replenishment, and material presentation methodologies
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Mathematics, Business/Management, Accounting/Finance or a related discipline