Key operation systems support for all applications within the Production/ Engineering / Staging departments. Also, support systems and applications that are developed and scaled for Regional Deployment and Use, partnering with other plants and regional project sponsors. As a power user of the systems, provide the business with the analytics and metrics required, deliver necessary business reports and provide a leadership role for implementation of system related projects. Support strategic functional groups by the creation of reports, and applications which will be used in helping achieve KPI’s and Continuous Improvement projects.
The job will require a person with the ability to react to a fast-changing user requirement demand. The developer will need to not only have technical skills but be able to interact with users on a regular basis to work thru their specific requirements. Since the position is a Business\Technical position, a good ability to interact with the customer is required. Excellent communication & multi-tasking skills.
- Create/Maintain detailed reports using data from SAP as required by Management to help meet KPI’s and Continuous improvement goals; manage data from and for the Maintenance & Reliability system. ( 35% )
- Maintain databases for capturing information to be used in departmental studies and Continuous Improvement projects as needed; to include Epicor Downtime System, and real-time and web based systems to provide greater visibility to downtime. (30% )
- Standardize reports and information between Melville and Canada facilities and outline/develop databases needed to enhance the operation from an efficiency and accuracy standpoint. (10% )
- Manage new and upcoming projects as the power user; to include the ability to access data and information on process controls for the kettles in Compounding. (10% )
- Partner, as needed, with GIS and software vendors during the implementation phase, of all system changes as the power user. Provide the status of each change and its effectiveness as it relates to the business. ( 5% )
- Be the center point of contact representing the operations group for system related issues and as the primary interface/ power user with GIS to outline the operational needs of the Production, Staging, and Production Engineering departments. (5% )
- Initiate, as needed, the upgrade and enhancements of all hardware and software application across all operational departments and, as the power user, coordinate all system-related training for the user groups across all three shifts (5%)
Qualifications – External
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience.
5 years operations experience
Agile, Scrum, SAFE certifications are desirable
- Intricate knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint including ability to code in VBA.
- Strong business analytics experience.
- SQL Server knowledge is a must including the ability to write stored procedures, create job processes and import data from other SQL server databases.
- Ability to create SQVi’s in SAP that can extract data and be used in reports.
- Qlikview knowledge is a plus
- Understanding of Visual Basic
- Understanding the network environment for use in deploying applications.
- Strong project management, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate well in both verbal and written formats
- Powerbi (Dax, Data Modeling)
- Microsoft Power Platform
- Raspberry Pi Knowledge preferred (Python, Bash Scripting, Terminal)
- Desktop Support Knowledge preferred
- Winshuttle preferred