Tropical Shipping in West Palm Beach, Florida is seeking a Business Analyst I!
Tropical shipping was originally established in 1954 and today it is the leader in the ocean freight industry and the largest containerized carrier in the Caribbean region. From Canada to South Florida, we operate state-of-the-art vessel fleets and facilities. With a world-wide client base, Tropical Shipping moves millions of tons of cargo throughout the world. Tropical employs more then 900 team members in various countries in a variety of positions such as: Accounting, Purchasing, Logistics, Warehouse Operations, Marine Operations, Maintenance and so much more! Tropical is dedicated to our team members and have built a culture of diversity, fun and excellence. We are committed to our Tropical Shipping team and the families they support. Come and apply today!
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, accountability, a solid work ethic, commitment to excellence, ability to multi-task and a strong background in recruiting. Business analysts seek to improve processes for departments and the entire company by analyzing existing policies and systems and making recommendations for improvements.
This role is responsible for analyzing, eliciting, specifying and validating business needs of the Tropical Shipping user community in support of the development of computer software systems and functionality. Responsibilities include the creation of functional requirements and design specifications for system bug fixes, functional enhancements and new development projects, as well as software testing, implementation and production support activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of customers or end-users.
- Gather and compile user requirements to convey to development teams throughout the software lifecycle.
- Troubleshoot applications and software for all internal customers.
- Perform root cause analysis to identify and document systems issues resulting from production use of application systems.
- Validate, verify, communicate, and resolve systems/software application issues through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of IT investments and initiatives.
- Assist in the design, delivery, and improvement of in-house software applications training programs and related documentation in support of business objectives.
- Prepare test plans and scripts to support the Quality Assurance function.
- Perform testing of new software applications and functionality.
- Perform regression testing of existing software applications and functionality.
- Coordinate user acceptance testing.
- Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments and to ensure that project deliverables are met according to specifications.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Information Systems or Business Administration
- Three years experience in software systems design, process analysis/re-engineering, project leadership and user contact
- Experience in Microsoft development tools, SQL, Power-Bi, Power Automate , Excel and .NET
- Valid drivers license
- Occasional travel required to domestic & international locations.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s license and passport
- Ability to obtain a TWIC badge through the Federal Government (Company Paid)
- Competitive Pay
- Free Medical insurance for employee & dependents (Immediate eligibility)
- Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term & Long term insurance available at great rates
- Annual Incentive Bonuses for ALL team members
- 401(k) retirement plan with company generous company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition Programs and events
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Casual work environment and so much more!!!
For a complete list of our job postings go to:https://www.tropical.com/careers.