View job on Handshake
Business Analyst – Full Time Summer 2022
Wayfair is seeking analytical, entrepreneurial, and action-oriented candidates for Business Analyst opportunities in Summer 2022. Analysts will play a critical role in Wayfair’s growth strategy and competitive positioning by leveraging data-driven analyses and innovative approaches to drive results for internal and external business partners. Successful Analysts are quantitatively-oriented, endlessly curious, and thrive in fast-paced and collaborative environments. This is an ideal opportunity for candidates who are interested in entering the technology and e-commerce space, developing hands-on analytical and technical skills, and working closely with core business functions to drive real impact and results.
Wayfair places Business Analysts into several core business functions. Function placement is determined through the application and interview process and is dependent on a combination of interest, skills, and experience. When applying, please indicate your top choice for functional areas of interest. If we notice a stronger alignment for a team other than those indicated in the application, we will also consider you for that opportunity.
Functional areas and potential team placements include:
Profit / Marketplace Strategy, Competitive Intelligence & Business Trends
The Profit / Marketplace Strategy, Competitive Intelligence & Business Trends teams are focused on steering growth strategy, optimization of Wayfair’s competitive positioning and billion-dollar P&L management across Wayfair’s product verticals, by leveraging highly quantitative business analytics. This tight-knit, entrepreneurial team has a big appetite for bold ideas, a strong bias for action, and provides a distinct opportunity to drive decisions that have significant impact across every major business function at the company. Analysts directly control Wayfair’s dynamic pricing and product sorting capabilities to manage the delicate tradeoff between short and long term profitability, while working cross-functionally to affect product selection, merchandising, operations, and marketing initiatives. Analysts play a key role in building cutting edge ‘Big Data’ and leveraging these unique, proprietary, and massive datasets, coupled with a constant flow of experimentation on consumer response, to answer thorny questions that guide our go-to-market strategy.
Marketing Strategy & Analytics
Our Marketing team drives growth for Wayfair on every major advertising platform. We aren’t your standard marketers: we own the strategy, P&L, and roadmaps for our portfolio of cutting-edge and in-house-built marketing and AdTech products. We utilize data to acquire high-potential customers and engage them to come back again and again. We drive profitable top line revenue by investing marketing dollars where they will provide the greatest return for the business and leverage our understanding of the customer to impact the overall business strategy. As an Analyst, you will own a specific channel (e.g. Search, Display, Email, Social Media, TV/Online Video, etc.) end-to-end. You’ll be tasked with managing a multi-million dollar budget, helping to drive ad tech development, and devising new testing strategies to grow the business.
Wayfair’s Operations organization is revolutionizing the customer experience through the development of a proprietary logistics network and optimization platform that manages inventory from overseas factory to customer’s front door. This team works directly with suppliers, vendors, and customers to provide new levels of efficiency and performance. They also interact internally with Product, Engineering, Business Intelligence teams to generate the core analytical insights that enable Wayfair to tackle transportation, warehousing, and delivery challenges. As an Analyst, you’ll develop and execute strategies that generate competitive advantage for Wayfair, and the results of your findings will improve the day-to-day efficiency of a complex and sophisticated global supply chain.
What You’ll Need:
- Strong consultative skills: ability to work effectively and persuasively with a highly cross- functional group of business partners
- Strong business acumen: ability to understand how various parts of the business interact; can identify and approach problems from a customer perspective
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills: excited about working with and synthesizing big data into actionable insights; comfortable using data software to conduct analyses and synthesize findings
- Exceptional problem-solving and execution skills: ability to make decisions, reprioritize tasks, and draw conclusions in the face of ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with any programming language is a plus, including motivation to learn and develop the skill-set (SQL, R, Python)
- Bachelor’s degree earned by date of hire; preferably with quantitative focus (i.e. Economics, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering)
- Wayfair may sponsor visas for some roles, depending on the requirements of the job and qualifications of the candidate.