Social & Scientific Systems (SSS), a DLH Corporation company, serves federal government clients throughout the United States and abroad delivering technology enabled solutions in key health and human services programs. The Company’s core competencies include secure data analytics and statistics, clinical trials and laboratory services, a full suite of public health research offerings, performance evaluation, system modernization, operational logistics and readiness, and strategic digital communications. DLH has over 2,000 employees serving numerous government agencies.
SSS is seeking a Biostatistician to join a multi‐disciplinary team that conducts clinical trials and population-based research studies on behalf of government and commercial clients.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in the design and analysis of observational studies and/or randomized trials and an understanding of the latest statistical and methodologic developments in the field. You will be part of a collegial team that includes epidemiologists, biostatisticians, data managers and programmers, and operations staff responsible for working with clinician researchers and statisticians in the design, development, execution, and publication of epidemiologic research studies. Our biostatisticians play a critical role in study design, protocol and analysis plans development, trial reporting, and mentorship of junior analysts. The studies you will support are focused on significant medical and public health problems so your contributions will make a real difference to population health. The position offers many opportunities for leadership, professional development, innovation, collaboration across disciplines, and authorship at multiple levels.
This is an ideal opportunity for growth and advancement for an early to mid-level career clinical biostatistician.
- Participate in all aspects of the statistical consulting process with minimal supervision.
- Develop or review design, analysis, and reporting sections of research protocols including leading and/or contributing to the creation of statistical analysis plans (SAP).
- Apply range of methods to design and execute statistical analyses under minimal guidance, including research on innovative approaches as needed.
- Prepare written scientific communications, including drafting methods and results sections for scientific presentations, manuscripts, and technical reports.
- Produce graphical and tabular output using SAS, R, and other programs.
- Perform power and sample size calculations.
- Interface with clients on all design, analysis, and reporting tasks for assigned projects.
- Provide guidance to data management staff and junior analysts.
- Familiarity and experience with commonly used machine learning methods including random forests, neural networks, decision trees, etc. highly desirable.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Doctorate in statistics, biostatistics or other related field plus 2 or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience developing SAPs and other study documentation.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with non-statisticians and project managers, and to work independently with minimal guidance, and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in one or more advanced programming languages such as SAS, R, Python, etc.
- Data inquisitiveness and natural inclination to analytically go deeper into datasets to uncover data gaps, inconsistencies, and limitations.
- Aptitude to learn new skills and methods as needed.
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment.
DLH is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.