Requisition #91868 Reinsurance Broking Analyst- Bilingual English/Spanish
Description – External
Gallagher Re is one of the world’s leading reinsurance advisory and broking firms following the recent merger between Willis Re and Gallagher. By connecting risk and capital, we help the global insurance industry, governments and society at large manage and mitigate extreme risk – from natural catastrophes such as floods, earthquakes, hurricanes and pandemics, to technological or political risks such as cyber and terrorism. We bring together sophisticated analytics capabilities, risk transfer and transactional expertise to provide advice and counsel to our clients. We help these clients interpret the data to guide their decisions surrounding the management of their risk portfolio.
As a Risk Broking Analyst you will…
… be immersed in front line client development activities which support senior brokers with new client identification, client relationship development and service support to assigned accounts. This work includes:
- Assisting in the marketing, negotiation, placing and servicing of complex client accounts, working with all levels within the client’s organization
- Preparing pitch documents and presentation materials for new and existing clients
- Data analysis in partnership with our actuarial, catastrophe modeling and financial advisory teams
- Helping to structure, place and service reinsurance transactions
- Working with contracts and supporting the finalization of reinsurance placements
You will also have the opportunity for:
- Domestic and/or global travel, as required
- Increased responsibilities for client interaction and relationship management as your experience and capabilities evolve
- Participation in the 2-year REACH learning and development program
- Financial support for industry qualifications and specialized designations to further your credentials and expertise (eg. ARe, CPCU, or others)
- Gallagher Re also supports CFA Level I once industry qualifications are achieved
- Access to the Gallagher Re executive team, and support from a wide network of veteran talent and peer mentors who will support career development
- Opportunities to gather with and learn alongside a cohort of similar individuals who are growing their careers in this exciting field
- Ongoing learning is encouraged; financial support for professional qualifications/designations (such as ARe and others as applicable) is part of our culture
This foundational program is part of Gallagher Re’s world class learning and development culture, which supports career development for all colleagues, from early career talent to senior leaders.
Are you suited to the Gallagher Re culture?
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, which is why we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment enriched by our people, our clients and the communities in which we work. We create a culture of engagement and respect by demonstrating inclusive behaviors throughout our inclusion networks. We encourage and welcome applications from any degree discipline/ major and all universities/colleges.
If you have an appetite to learn and succeed, an ability to build technical knowledge, with a passion for building and maintaining relationships… start your career at Gallagher Re!
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Ability to apply basic mathematical and quantitative concepts
- Passion and interest in developing Insurance, Risk and Reinsurance competencies
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships at all levels of the business
- Solid Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Bilingual fluency in both English and Spanish
- Desire and drive to take on early responsibility
- Initiative and an eagerness to drive projects to a successful conclusion
- Willing and able to act as a great teammate
- Identifies appropriate carriers, sends requests, negotiates favorable quotes and prepares recommendations.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
• Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be 18 years of age or older or must demonstrate legal capacity to enter a contract
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
• Must be willing to execute Gallagher’s Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.