View job on Handshake
· Sound understanding and experience with Hadoop and Big Data ecosystem. Able to understand and explore the constantly evolving tools within Hadoop ecosystem and apply them appropriately to the relevant problems at hand.
· Must have experience with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Kudu etc.
· Must have experience with Spark using Python/PySpark, Scala
· Sound knowledge of ETL, relational databases (SQL) and experience with large SQL based systems.
· Experience in query optimization, performance tuning of the complex SQL queries.
· Deep understanding of NLP algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques and software development in a team environment.
· Benchmark and debug critical issues with algorithms and software as they arise.
· Lead and assist with the technical design/architecture and implementation of the big data cluster in various environments.
· Able to guide/mentor development team for example to create custom common utilities/libraries that can be reused in multiple big data development efforts.
· Provide technical resources to assist in the design, testing and implementation of software code and infrastructure to support data infrastructure and governance activities.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business-related field, or equivalent education and related training
· Seven years of experience in data warehousing architectural approaches and minimum 5 years in big data.
· Exposure to and strong working knowledge of distributed systems
· Excellent understanding of client-service models and customer orientation in service delivery
· Ability to grasp the ‘big picture’ for a solution by considering all potential options in impacted area
· Aptitude to understand and adapt to newer technologies
· Assist in the evaluation of new solutions for integration into the Hadoop Roadmap/Strategy
· Motivate internal and external resources to deliver on project commitments
· Previous experience in the financial services industry
· Understanding of industry trends and relevant application technologies
· Experience in designing and implementing analytical environments and business intelligence solutions
We Can Offer You:
· A highly competitive compensation and benefits package
· 10 days of paid annual leave
· A comprehensive insurance plan for medical ( Dentol and vision not included )
· Extensive training opportunities, focused on skills, substantive knowledge, and personal development
· A truly diverse, fun-loving and global work culture