View job on Handshake
Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Associate, Real World Solutions
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
In our Real World Solutions team, we design and deliver innovative, technology-enabled evidence programs for the pharmaceutical industry. We apply scientific rigor and advanced analytics to real world data in order to help our clients improve population health. This entrepreneurial team works in the U.S. and globally when needed, partnering with regional colleagues throughout the enterprise to diagnose critical business issues and deliver evidence-based solutions.
Real World Solutions Team
We are strategic thinkers, innovative technologists, deep subject matter experts and data evangelists whom are passionate about driving better performance in healthcare. We are collaborative, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial and disruptive. Plus we have the resource and structure of a large company in an environment where we empower our people to create their own solutions.
Our work can be complex and difficult but that is often the case when you are doing work that no one has done before. We prefer candidates that have a multi-disciplinary interest in epidemiology, health economics, and biostatistics — all in combination with a desire to work on strategic business problems. We also do not have a templated approach to our work so we require people who can innovate with their practice as well as their solutions. If you have the right levels of intellectual curiosity and a passion to discover the real impact of medicines in the real world, then you’ll fit right in.
Those who join us become part of a recognized global leader still willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. At IQVIA, you will have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry.
You can drive your career at IQVIA and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
As an Associate within Real World Solutions team you’ll be responsible for actively participating/supporting in the development and delivery of client and product development projects by:
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analyses to aid the development of recommendations; exercise informed business judgment in identifying the correct approach to client issues
- Contributing to internal brainstorming sessions to develop project methodology and innovation recommendations
- Contributing to the preparation, execution and follow up of client meetings and workshops
- Conducting independent desk research to specific briefs using internal and external sources
- Taking responsibility for creating sections of reports, presentations and other client deliverables, under supervision
- Assisting in write study protocols and statistical analyses plans for research studies
- Acquiring deep knowledge of IQVIA data sources and the broader RWD landscape
- Assisting in the development of proposals for clients
- Supporting discrete initiatives around IQVIA’s broad RWE strategy and own M&A activities
Associates will usually be staffed on 1-3 projects in parallel ensuring a broad exposure to the wide range of activities that Enterprise Solutions undertake in a rapid timeframe.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and an ability to build credibility with external and internal contacts
- Good commercial awareness/business judgement and an interest in the healthcare / life sciences industry
- Strong IT literacy e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work within timeline
- The desire to learn and commitment to a rapid development curve
- Be a self-starter who thrives in a client-focused, international team environment
Qualification and Other Desired Skills
In addition to the skills and experience above, candidates interested in joining as an Associate will have:
- Undergraduate degree with a strong academic track record in life sciences, economics/business, and/or experience in the health care industry (e.g., BA/BS Biostatistics, Epidemiology MPH, Bio-medical engineering, etc.)
- Excellent conversational and business English (written and oral) – additional languages an advantage
- A solid track record of extra-curricular achievement
- A strong commitment to high quality work and an interest in rapid learning and skill development
- A willingness and ability to travel