View job on Handshake
Associate Program, Client Service Team
Available Start Dates: April 2022
Interested in meeting the AlphaSights team at an event?
Looking for a commercial role where you have autonomy and the ability to make an impact up front? Do you want to work in a high-performance, high-support environment where you manage blue-chip client relationships? If so, the Associate Program is for you.
AlphaSights gives investment and business leaders dynamic access to industry professionals and their unique perspectives in real time, so they can make decisions that redefine industries and create a better tomorrow. With 1200+ employees and nine offices across the US, Europe, Middle East, and Asia, AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
The Associate Role
You’ll act as the connection point between our clients and industry experts. Your role is to understand the knowledge our clients need and identify the industry professionals with the precise expertise to meet those needs. You’ll spend considerable time on the phone and email reaching out to people and assessing whether they possess the knowledge our clients seek. Once you’ve found the right expert, you’ll connect them with our clients across a variety of formats (interviews, in-person meetings, surveys, etc.).
This is a fast-paced, sales-oriented role where you’ll work on several client requests at once. There is a clear focus on results and revenue generation — leading to transferable skill development in project management, sales, negotiation, client relationship building, and more.
- Conduct high-level industry research to understand client requests
- Search extensively for industry experts across internal databases and external recruiting platforms
- Recruit experts through warm and cold email and phone outreach
- Deliver excellent client service through proactive follow-ups and strategic recommendations
At AlphaSights we have two branches of our client service team that our Associates are placed into. Those who join our Associate Program may be hired into either of these teams, where you’ll propel business growth and client success by helping our clients achieve extraordinary results.
Core service team: focused on Corporate, Consulting, Private Equity and Capital Market clients, our CST members break down their requests and knowledge needs, and serve as their strategic partner to ensure they are well-equipped to leverage relevant perspectives across a wide variety of industries and regions. Specialized responsibilities include:
- Working on multiple client requests simultaneously
- Identifying industry experts and assessing their suitability for client needs
- Directly connecting industry experts with clients via 1 on 1 calls
- Partnering with the Integrated Service team to help clients consume knowledge in other specialized formats
Integrated service team: working alongside our core service team to support our client sectors, our IST members make accessing knowledge simpler and faster for clients through a focus on our speciality service offerings, such as surveys and projects. Specialized responsibilities include:
- Working alongside internal stakeholders supporting a wide set of client types to identify opportunities to maximize client outcomes
- Researching industries, trends and experts to provide knowledge to clients through formats beyond the standard 1 on 1 call, including surveys, full service project delivery and enhancements on top of our primary services
What We Look For
- Results Orientation: A clear focus on results, ability to look at every angle of a problem, and come up with actionable solutions. You’re motivated by meeting monthly targets.
- Drive: Enjoy setting ambitious goals and embrace a whatever-it-takes mindset. You enjoy challenging yourself and have an innate curiosity about the business world.
- Adaptability: Ability to pivot quickly, think on your feet, and embrace ambiguity and change with confidence, rather than self-doubt.
- Humility: You approach every day with a growth mindset. A better version of yourself is always on the horizon.
- Empathy: You seek to understand others’ experiences and perspectives and want to build lasting, trust-based relationships.
What we offer
An enriching experience
- A competitive financial package, including base salary and monthly bonus
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Bright and driven peers that will push you to work hard and celebrate successes
- High responsibility and autonomy early in your career to work with our blue-chip clients
- A vibrant community built from the ground up that includes people of diverse backgrounds and experiences
- The opportunity to gain transferable skills helpful in this role and beyond
- The chance to manage your own team within 2-3 years and run your own multi-million book of business within 5-6 years. Learn more about our commercial career paths here.
The Interview Process
- Online gamified assessment, powered by Pymetrics
- First round video interview with Recruiting
- Second round interview with client service management
- Final round interview with leadership
- Interview Process Outcome
- 0+ years work experience
- Bachelor’s degree, with strong academic credentials and noteworthy extracurricular activities
- Fluency in English is essential
Are you hesitant to submit an application because you’re not sure if you check every box? Apply anyway! We’d love to hear from you and see how you can drive impact in our firm.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Employers will not sponsor work visas but will consider candidates with STEM/OPT eligibility.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion at AlphaSights
We are a people-centric company, where every person is evaluated based on their merit. Our action plan is clear: recruit top-tier talent based on our core values, invest massively in people’s development, and follow a structured DEI strategy so that everyone is always treated equitably and with respect.