*Potential to work in a hybrid environment, allowing flexibility to work on-site and remotely could be offered for this position.
Do you enjoy teamwork, solving business problems, enabling the growth agenda of innovative companies, and contributing to sustainability on a global scale? Consider joining the Chicago, New York, or San Francisco offices as an Associate and contribute to driving the overall growth agenda in the U.S. and the Americas region.
At Business Sweden, we have the mission to help American companies gain access to the Swedish market and help Swedish companies grow and expand in the U.S. We have offices in 40 countries around the world and we’ve been in the U.S. since the ’70s across three offices in New York, Chicago, and San Francisco. The U.S. is home to more than 1,600 Swedish companies widely recognized as leaders in innovation, sustainability, and quality.
We help our clients understand the market dynamics, identify local partners, appreciate the regulatory landscape, build the appropriate service and/or solution, and more generally we partner with our clients to support them in their ambitious growth strategy in the U.S.
We are expanding quickly so this is an exciting time to join our team and a great opportunity for personal development.
What do we expect from you?
You will be part of an organization that executes challenging and impactful projects with truly global project teams. In that context, we expect you to:
- Make independent and collaborative contributions in a challenging and stimulating environment
- Collect, analyze and draw insights from market data as part of a team delivery
- Work in industry-specific teams to develop market insights
- Support our Project Managers and Consultants to develop sales leads
- Respond well to feedback and develop on a steep learning curve
- Have good energy, be a team player, and contribute to further strengthening our culture
Skills & Requirements
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who enjoys being part of a high-performing team, in an intellectually stimulating environment and is prepared to learn and contribute. We also look for you to be entrepreneurial, self-motivated, curious, and with a positive “can-do attitude”. Our team members tend to have a soft spot for sustainability and making an impact.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Administration, Engineering, or a related field, master’s degree is an advantage
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen is a must
- Professional level proficiency in both written and spoken English is a must
- 0-3 years experience from management consulting or other professional services related work is an advantage
- Self-motivated, accountable, and dependable team player
- Service-minded with a positive “can-do attitude”
- Excellent organizational, communication, and problem solving skills as well as an ability to handle multiple priorities
- Passion for and ability to handle new challenges
- Outstanding ability to build personal relations, empathy and trust
- Working or studying internationally and/or an appreciation for diverse cultural environments
- Interaction with external stakeholders, such as government, private sector, and/or academia
- Previous experience working with management consulting or other advisory services in the North American market
- Proficiency in a Scandinavian language
- Proficiency in Spanish or another language
Are you up for the challenge?
If so, please submit your resume together with a cover letter today and tell us about yourself, and what is attracting you to this role.
As Business Sweden is part-owned by the Swedish government, Business Sweden is able to support Swedish citizens with the work-visa process for the U.S. market. In addition to all eligible work visas, we accept candidates with F-1 visas eligible for OPT.