View job on Handshake
Are you an analytical thinker who is passionate about making a better California? Do you have experience with contracts and contract analysis? If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you! The Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) is looking for an Associate Governmental Program Analyst (AGPA) to join our contracts management team.
Under the direction of the Staff Services Manager I (Contracts Management Unit – Exide and SoCal Support Unit Chief) in the Site Mitigation and Restoration Program (SMRP), Community Protection and Environmental Response Division, Contracts Management Unit 2, the AGPA provides analytical and administrative support to SMRP staff in a variety of areas such as administrative, analytical, contracts, expenditures, budget, and communications.
What You’ll Do
- Contracts administration, work orders, and field orders related to site investigations and cleanup projects
- Provides research and analysis to all members of staff to enable DTSC’s mission critical goals
- Serve as a liaison between SMRP, Financial Operations Analyst, and the Business Services Analyst regarding fiscal and contractual issues
What We Look For
- Knowledge in budgeting, contracting, cost recovery, and budget proposal
- Three years of professional analytical experience in budgeting, management analysis, personnel, planning, program evaluation, or policy analysis
- Equivalent of graduation from 4-year college program (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.)
- Ability to reason logically and creatively
- The skill to use a variety of analytical techniques to solve complex governmental and managerial problems