Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is committed to being the best global kitchen and laundry company, in constant pursuit of improving life at home. In an increasingly digital world, the company is driving purposeful innovation to meet the evolving needs of consumers through its iconic brand portfolio, including Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit, and Yummly. In 2021, the company reported approximately $22 billion in annual sales, 69,000 employees, and 54 manufacturing and technology research centers.
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by FORTUNE as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Diversity, One Whirlpool, and the Spirit of Winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it’s like to be part of a company that is in constant pursuit of improving life at home.
This role in summary
We are seeking qualified candidates to join our organization in supporting the North America Steel Team. This Analyst position is a procurement position for individuals demonstrating consistent use and understanding of cost drivers, financial analysis, market dynamics, and competitive tension. The Analyst will support North America Steel spend analytics to provide detailed forecasts to the business on North American Steel purchasing. This position is responsible for accurate forecasting, planning, and communication of the overall changes in the market and supply base sourcing. This role will also be responsible for supporting buyer responsibilities to drive project management and supply base management on a portion of the steel buy.
Your responsibilities will include
• Successfully coordinate and translate market trends and supplier pricing with a team of 7 buyers and commodity managers into a monthly forecast.
• Utilize SAP to enter accurate data and run queries to analyze the data for validation and communication to leadership on the variances month to month.
• Create simplified processes to continue to enhance and improve the forecasting and validation process. Along with identifying other opportunities for process improvements for sourcing.
• Provide accurate reporting necessary to keep leadership informed of the monthly variances along with risks and opportunities.
• Support the team with raw material settlement invoice payments through accurate validation.
• Forecast monthly for the North American Steel Team.
• Enter pricing into SAP, run queries, and validate the forecast on a monthly basis.
• Run reports and support reporting activities to leadership working closely with the finance team; become familiar with accounting principles and help to ensure accurate accruals each month.
• Process improvements to continue to improve the way we forecast and source parts.
• Identify, select, and qualify suppliers based on engineering/manufacturing needs and wants within the framework of Whirlpool’s strategic direction.
• Drive pricing validation monthly with the support of the buyers and commodity managers
• Managing sourcing projects as project leader, working closely with global product management and engineering to ensure seamless implementation.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3+ months experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, Finance, Counting, or Engineering
Preferred skills and experiences
• Practical use of supplier management and sourcing principles
• Communication, negotiation, conflict resolution, and management skills
• Build strong rapport and relationships with internal process partners and suppliers
• Analytical and computer skills and experience running data analytics and financials
• Manage and prioritize multiple key activities
• Grow in your technical abilities to become a subject matter expert in Steel
• System proficiency: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Google tools (sheets & slides), SAP
At Whirlpool Corporation, we value and celebrate diversity. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity and prohibits any discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.