Shell Street Labs provides software and data solutions to an array of problems that arise in complex investment strategies. Its scientists use advanced methods in Artificial Intelligence and Mathematics applied to Big Data.
Applications are invited globally for winter/ summer Internships in our AI Team from students at Tier-1 Science and Engineering schools who are keen to learn and challenge themselves in a fast-moving and dynamic scientific setting.
Previous interns have worked on developing time series forecasting models (AutoML, DeepAR, etc), natural language processing models (BERT, text-summarisation, etc), hierarchical feature generation, and other complex and engaging projects
Remote internships are possible for non-HK based candidates
Summer Internship Programme
- Interns will work with senior scientists on key research projects which will include prediction of financial asset returns, the development of self-learning algorithms, and extracting insights from data.
- Internships will be paid @HKD 35,000 per month or equivalent
- The duration of the internship is typically 3 months, 5 days a week. Dates are flexible to some extent to accommodate campus schedules
- Overseas candidates are welcome to apply and may be offered remote internships
- Assist in improving the data pipeline process.
- Work with large data sets, including, inter-alia, acquiring, cleaning, and storing data.
- Assist in developing new predictors of returns using price and unstructured text data.
- Assist in setting up Reinforcement Learning projects linked to trading securities.
- Currently in the penultimate year of degree or Ph.D in Engineering/ Mathematics/ Physics/ AI/Machine Learning from a Premier/ Tier-1 technical institution.
- Experience in Python and C# programming languages
- Experience of version control systems such as git or subversion
- Experience with Machine Learning Libraries such as TensorFlow and Keras
- Fluency in English
- Ability to learn quickly
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Please apply through this ad with an updated CV
- Eligible CVs will be shortlisted as per the criteria
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete ability / technical tests
- Final rounds will include group exercises, technical and behavioral interviews
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard
office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax
machines. The incumbent is not expected to undertake business travel