View job on Handshake
UEI offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
· Participation in CalPERS Retirement Program
· Paid Vacation Time – starting at 10 hours accrued/month
· Paid Sick Time – 8 hours accrued/month
· Paid Holidays – 13 paid holidays per year including paid time off the week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day as the CSUS campus is closed plus one personal holiday.
· Excellent medical benefits – 100% employer paid medical & dental for employee-only coverage and low cost for family coverage
Pay Rate: $5,030 – $7,545 per month
The Application Systems Analyst II reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs in support of overall business strategies. The position troubleshoots, supports, and ensures proper functionality of UEI’s application systems in collaboration with other IT members as needed. The position requires the creation of end-user documentation as well as other support documents. The position trains and assists users with software and equipment usage and develops recommendations for enhancing system performance.
The position reports directly to and receives general direction from the Information Technology Manager. May lead and direct the work of others.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems, processes, and user needs, crossing departmental boundaries as needed. Recommends modification to existing systems or formulates new systems and processes to support UEI’s overall business strategies and company policies. Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
· Reviews, analyzes, and recommends modifications to programming systems, including testing, and troubleshooting to support UEI’s application systems. Consults with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives. Writes documentation and procedures to coincide with new system updates. May be expected to write manuals for users to describe operating procedures.
· As needed, creates and leads project teams to develop integrated project plans, develop implementation schedules, and set or clarify project and departmental goals and objectives. Provides continuing work direction and leadership to ensure completion of project tasks. Tracks, monitors, and communicates project progress with project team and management. Assists management in budget creation and monitoring.
· Works with end users to enhance, develop, and implement automated processes. Identifies needs for automation and writes requirements. Works with vendors to create processes with tools such as workflow, automated scripts, security, and report writing tools.
· Performs system administration duties as needed to ensure operation of computer systems. This includes but is not limited to scheduling jobs, application backups, system and data security, system startup/shutdown, writing shell scripts, application and system user account management, and printer support.
· Works as the liaison with UEI’s external software/hardware vendors to troubleshoot problems, enhance system software, and coordinate projects. Maintains relationships with campus community.
· Provides Help Desk support to answer user inquiries regarding application software systems; researches and corrects system problems and develops recommendations to improve information systems as appropriate.
· Maintains awareness of current and new technology and products that may benefit UEI; analyzes and determines new equipment and software needs; researches and recommends systems, equipment, and software modifications; and troubleshoots software applications.
· Develops and conducts general and specialized user training on complex software processes.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related area or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
· Demonstrated experience with the analysis of user needs and feasibility studies.
· Demonstrated experience in project management especially as a project leader with the ability to lead teams and a thorough understanding of project management tools.
· Demonstrated strong understanding of financial, accounting, human resources, and payroll systems.
· Demonstrated strong understanding of business functions and processes.
· Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of staff and management.
· Demonstrated familiarity with relational databases and client-server concepts. Ability to query databases with tools such as SQL or MS Visual Basic and ability to write complex financial reports using vendor software and external reporting methods.
· Demonstrated knowledge of principles, practices, and methods of data processing, information systems, and all phases of the software development life cycle.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to serve as information systems consultant on the development and adaptation of computer applications; analyze equipment and software packages and make cost effective acquisition recommendations; to use and ensure proper and efficient utilization of data processing equipment and software; train users in the use of equipment and software; and talk to and interview others to obtain or exchange information.
· Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
· Demonstrated experience in Microsoft SQL, XML and VBScript.
· Background in UNIX.
· Demonstrated experience with shell script programming.
· Demonstrated experience with CentralSquare ONESolution/Finance Enterprise (formerly Superion/SunGard/Bi-Tech) software.
· Demonstrated experience with workflow concepts using a software-based workflow engine.
· Demonstrated experience with report writing tools such as Cognos or ONESolution CDD (formerly Superion/SunGard/Bi-Tech).
· Demonstrated experience with OnBase or similar document management solution.
· Demonstrated experience with Adobe products such as Adobe Sign.