- USA, Lexington (MA), Genedata Selector
Genedata transforms data into intelligence with innovative software solutions that incorporate extensive biopharma R&D domain knowledge. Multinational biopharmaceutical organizations and cutting-edge biotechs around the globe rely on Genedata to digitalize and automate data-rich and complex R&D processes. From early discovery all the way to the clinic, Genedata solutions help maximize the ROI in R&D expenditure. Founded in 1997, Genedata is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Boston, London, Munich, San Francisco, Singapore, and Tokyo.
About the Role
Are you a scientist or computational biologist with an interest in analyzing and interpreting NGS and multi omics datasets for cutting edge R&D projects? Does the idea of working in partnership with the world’s leading biopharma, agribusiness and industrial biotechnology companies to solve big data challenges sound exciting to you? If so, we would like to talk with you as we seek to grow our interdisciplinary scientific consulting and application support team in our East Coast Office.
The role is designed for an inquisitive scientist who has strong communication skills and a solid background in genomics. Creative problem solving and the ability to present complex issues in a simple and rational way are essential. As a member of the Genedata Selector team, you will work closely with our partners on a wide variety of innovative projects and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to solve big data problems. You will provide expert scientific and technical support to customers, investigate customer workflows and IT infrastructures, design solutions, and manage projects to ensure that scientific and business requirements are met. You will also support our sales team with product expertise, scientific presentations, and software demonstrations.
This full-time position in our Lexington, MA location offers an exciting opportunity to support, shape, and promote a cutting-edge genomics platform for automating biopharmaceutical research. You will have a high level of responsibility in a growing global company. Up to 20% travel is required within North American and occasional travel to Europe.
- Provide scientific consulting and professional services to support customer projects
- Troubleshoot scientific and technical support issues and capture user feedback and customer use cases
- Define NGS data analysis workflows, analyze datasets, and present the results
- Collaborate with scientific and IT partners to solve problems related to the analysis and management of genomics data
- Identify customer needs and map them to the capabilities of the Genedata Selector platform
- Learn about trends and novel approaches in biopharma R&D/manufacturing and contribute insights to the team. For example, up and coming genomics applications for cell and gene therapies
- Coordinate activities internally with the scientific consulting and professional services team, business account managers, and product management
- Present the product vision of Genedata Selector to prospects and customers
- Provide Internet-based and on-site product training sessions with customers
- Identify new business opportunities together with business account managers
- Define appropriate service projects with customers to fulfill unmet needs
Skills & Experience
- PhD or MSc. in molecular biology, bioinformatics, or similar discipline
- 1+ years related business experience working in a biopharma, industrial biotech, agribusiness or related life sciences environment using standard bioinformatics tools and databases
- Proficient working in a UNIX environment and with using a scripting or programming language (e.g. Perl, Python, Java)
- Hands-on experience with NGS applications (RNA-seq, DNA-seq, etc.) and data processing (read alignment, quantification, quality assessment, etc.)
- Experience with statistical analysis and interpretation with NGS or other ‘omics datasets
- Some familiarity with SQL and relational databases (e.g. Oracle) is a plus
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Must be able to work independently, while participating as part of a team
- Must be currently located in the United States with legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis
What We Offer
Genedata is on a mission to accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D. Our enterprise software solutions digitalize and automate lab operations so scientists can discover insights faster, push scientific boundaries farther, and drive change right now. With over two decades of success due to closely-knit teams of scientists, software engineers, and business experts, Genedata has become the market-leading provider of enterprise software solutions for biopharma R&D.
As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in scientific R&D informatics, combined with our open and scalable software platform, makes us the essential technology for the operations of top biopharma companies and innovative biotechs worldwide.
We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in the US, Germany, UK, Japan, and Singapore.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package comprised of a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
As an equal opportunity employer, Genedata proudly celebrates diversity and believes in an inclusive workplace.
Genedata does not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly at our website.