Title: Application Monitoring Analyst – TEAM LEAD – ECO
Location: Austin, TX
Application Support Analyst Lead assigned to the Enterprise Command Center Event Management Team must have experience working in a 24/7/365, enterprise-level, Command/Operations Center tasked with monitoring critical applications. This experience must include the identification of alert threshold violations, proactive event identification, and execution of SOP-driven reporting, response, and resolution actions. Manages shift operations and engagement across all lines of effort for the assigned
• Responsible for the execution of team monitoring, proactive engagement, problem
identification, analysis, reporting, coordination, tracking, and resolution facilitation before an incident.
• Understands problems in business context to identify critical transactions that may be at risk,
prioritize problem resolution efforts, dispatch the right resources, and fix problems affecting key
functionality or end users.
• Reviews and updates business-specific dashboard views, providing a tailored display of
scheduled events, incident tracking, and metrics.
• Ensure forthright communication and coordination of high-priority events and incidents with
business and OIT leadership; acts as central point of contact for business engagements.
• Ensures team cohesion, cross-functional coordination, and collaboration across shift structure
(turnover) and enterprise partners.
• Ensures responsiveness to staff and customer initiatives and requirements.
• Manages shift team schedules, professional development, functional execution, reporting,
documentation, and facilitates the development of operating procedures ICW EM staff.
• Supports SLA monitoring and engagement activities.
• Participates in Project Management activities/meetings as related to business-centric releases
• Responsible for the maintenance and development of performance data collection and
• Provides liaison to OIT enterprise leadership, business customers and end users
• Provides direct management, leadership, and supervision of assigned shift staff.
• Compiles disseminates daily shift turnover/pass-down reports
• Able to recognize opportunities for process improvement and confidently exercise initiative in
the development of solutions.
• Experience in providing cost estimators while considering functional benefits, technical
performance, risks, and schedule concerns.
• Project Management Experience
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
• Experience working in an Enterprise Command Center, actively communicating with teammates and mission partners to identify, analyze, correlate and assist to resolve performance issues that negatively impact IT enterprise systems, applications, infrastructure and services.
• Operational experience with Service Now, Solar Winds, Splunk, AppDynamics, DynaTrace, Aternity IT and other monitoring toolsets.
• Experience as an operational shift lead.
• Confident manager and leader capable of running all aspects of the shift-work environment.
• Prior VA experience is desired but not required
• Must have extensive IT experience in the operational analysis and evaluation of information systems performance using enterprise monitoring tools and 24/7/365 performance monitoring teams.
• Must be well versed in understanding structured analysis and design methodologies for the translation of systems performance to business impact.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, Cost Accounting or related scientific or technical discipline.