View job on Handshake
We are looking for experienced technology savvy individuals who want to be a key contributor in reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating Information technology systems. Willing to dive deep to provide top tier operations for a diverse group of production applications? And be a proactive starter in dealing with business problems, systems outages, and critical path University strategic initiatives? Is this you?
The Application Analyst II position at Miami University offers an engaging work environment at a premier higher education institution with exceptional benefit packages including healthcare, dental, and tuition reimbursement plus many other excellent resources to help our employees balance their professional and personal lives.
Our Application Analyst II team members will be expected to learn and utilize different tools, processes, and services as well as work with mentors and peers to understand and support the systems under their responsibility.
Key duties include:
· Troubleshoot escalated issues for various software, services and processes.
· Respond to system health and performance alerts, identify root cause and take corrective action.
· Support development teams by implementing changes, fulfilling service requests and assisting with problem diagnosis.
· Engage with development and other operations teams to triage and resolve production system problems.
· Identify application defects and escalate for resolution.
· Respond to service health alerts, identify likely contributing factors and suggest preventative actions.
· Evaluate service architecture for alignment with established principles, provide feedback to improve alignment.
· Review application design for adherence to operating guidelines and deployment requirements.
· Contribute to documented procedures and knowledge content.
· Independently identify and resolve operational issues on Linux and Windows Servers.
· Collaborate with peer teams to identify and implement project operational needs.
· Independently work on project and incident tasks.
· On call rotation for after-hours critical incidents.
· Participate in personal growth opportunities to grow technically and professionally.
Bachelor’s degree earned by date of hire and 1+ years of relevant work experience supporting enterprise systems.
Associate’s degree earned by date of hire and 3+ years of relevant work experience supporting enterprise systems.
5+ years relevant experience supporting enterprise systems supporting enterprise systems.
This position is available to persons who are currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA.
The Application Analyst II reports to our Director of Application Architecture and Operations. We are looking for individuals with potential and the following qualifications.
· Working knowledge of running applications on Linux and/or Windows Server operating systems, or cloud platforms.
· Basic understanding of shell scripting, web development languages, and SQL.
· Basic understanding of networking protocols such as DNS, HTTP/HTTPS and TCP/IP
· Accessing, reading and interpreting error messages and log files to solve application problems.
· Following documented procedures to implement system changes.
· Working with customers to understand, troubleshoot and resolve reported problems.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field.
Miami is committed to a culture of health and wellness. We offer several benefits including healthcare and wellness programs with on-campus recreational and sport centers, health insurance that includes options for dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance. Tuition fee waivers for employee and family, paid sick and parental leave, paid vacation, paid holidays and state sponsored alternate and supplemental retirement plans. Plus, you can be part of the University’s academic culture with direct access to hundreds of on-campus events plus the possibility to teach one credit bearing course per semester.
Miami University recognizes that technology enables us to find new ways of providing first-class service and workplace flexibility. This position is approved for remote work on a hybrid basis. Remote work is a working arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants: