Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is committed to being the best global kitchen and laundry company, in constant pursuit of improving life at home. In an increasingly digital world, the company is driving purposeful innovation to meet the evolving needs of consumers through its iconic brand portfolio, including Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and Yummly. In 2020, the company reported approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers.
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by FORTUNE as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Diversity, One Whirlpool, and Spirit of Winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it’s like to be part of a company that is in constant pursuit of improving life at home.
Analyst, Strategy & Business Development
This Role in Summary:
The Corporate Strategy team is aligned with the C-suite at Whirlpool and drives initiatives in four major areas: Business Development, Strategic Initiatives, Competitive Intelligence, and Strategic Planning.
Strategic initiatives – Lead important strategic initiatives mandated by the Board of Directors or the Executive Committee on behalf of the enterprise. We also partner with business leaders to support the development of business strategies. Types of initiatives we drive include market entry strategy, growth strategy, and portfolio strategy.
Competitive strategy & intelligence – Partner with the Executive Committee to shape the competitive strategy for the company and embed it into regional plans. Assess competitor activities and performance, including being accountable for ongoing competitive monitoring.
Strategic planning – The team defines the strategic planning process for the enterprise, including long-range planning, strategic planning, and strategy reviews with the Board of Directors.
Business Development and Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) – Responsible for the M&A strategy as well as an assessment of and execution of specific acquisition, joint venture, alliance, and divestiture opportunities on a global basis.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Play a key role in strategic projects within Whirlpool’s core business as well as domains adjacent to major appliances (such as small domestic appliances, consumables, etc.)
- Understand, structure, and analyze complex business issues
- Prioritize analyses through hypothesis-based problem solving
- Seek second-order implications and insights beyond the obvious
- Perform rigorous and accurate analysis and modeling
- Translate analysis output into practical and implementable recommendations
- Help create Whirlpool’s competitive strategies and support ongoing competitive intelligence gathering
- Support business development/M&A actions including target screening/assessment, valuation, due diligence, negotiation, and acquisition integration
- Assess and profile companies to support both formulation and identification/execution of strategic partnership, joint venture, and acquisition opportunities
- Communication development and business reporting:
- Share insights and recommendations in a structured and easily digestible manner in both written and oral format, persuading based on facts and sound logic
- Present your analysis while engaging the audience and projecting self-assurance
- Take an active role in internal and external presentations, meetings, discussions
- Build a network of internal relationships with a broad cross-section of the organization, and leverage organizational knowledge, resources, and expertise
- Manage own time and schedule with initiative and effectiveness, negotiating and prioritizing demands across multiple projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Strategy or Finance
- 1+ years’ experience or internship working in a management consulting firm, financial institution, or consumer goods business
- 1+ years’ experience or internship in Strategy, Finance, Accounting, Marketing or Operations
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
- Problem-solving and analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Communications and presentation skills, both written and verbal, including confidence and presence to engage effectively with senior executives
- Experience with Google Slides and Google Sheets
- Recognize the accomplishments of the team before the individual
- Motivated and possess vision and enthusiasm
- Deliver on short time frames and be committed to meeting deadlines
- Communicate in an open and honest way that quickly builds trust and respect
Connect with us and learn more about Whirlpool Corporation
At Whirlpool Corporation, we value and celebrate diversity. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity and prohibits any discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.