Aurora Energy Research is a dynamic and fast-growing energy analytics company. We provide optimisation solutions and data-driven analytics on European and global energy markets that helps our clients navigate the global energy transformation.
Founded in 2013 by a group of University of Oxford academics on the premise that technological progress, and policies tackling climate change, render energy markets increasingly complex, but that this complexity yields to rigorous, sophisticated analysis and modelling.
Aurora is now a thriving, rapidly growing company of over 200 staff with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Austin and Sydney. Demand for our services – spanning subscription research and consultancy – is immense. We currently serve over 300 of the world’s most influential energy sector participants, and we expect to grow beyond 400 staff over the next 18-24 months.
Based in Berkeley/Oakland, you will contribute to the firm, by developing analysis and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision making. You will play an active role in all aspects of client engagement: helping identify issues, forming hypotheses, conducting analysis, and synthesising conclusions into recommendations.
The successful applicants will combine technical strength with a strong track record of leadership and performance in team-oriented environments.
Successful candidates will work in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, and demanding yet supportive environment. They will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector, and to grow into industry experts under the guidance of directors with deep experience addressing major strategic issues at the world’s leading advisory firms.
The position suits a recent STEM graduate of a bachelor’s or master’s programme.
• Develop timely and rigorous quantitative analyses to enhance clients’ decision making
• Work closely with our modelling team, structuring economic problems into quantifiable analyses and deriving insights from the model results
• Contribute to Aurora’s product development, by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities
• Engage with clients to thoroughly understand their requirements
• Communicate findings to clients
• First-class or high second-class degree from a top university in a quantitative subject (Mathematics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, Finance)
• An ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information
• Evidence of strong performance in team-oriented environments
• An ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical parties
We will review applications as they are received. Salary will be competitive. To apply, please submit your CV.