THE ANALYST INTERN ROLE
The Analyst Intern is a critical member of the Alira Health case team. Interns work closely
with Associates, Associate Consultants, Consultants, and Project Managers to solve challenging client questions.
Interns provide support to Associates in developing components of the client engagement
and contribute to the success of each project. The length of the internship may vary and
typically lasts for 10-12 weeks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
• Support case team to gather, analyze and synthesize primary and secondary
research and analysis of healthcare companies, products, and trends around the
• Identify and recommend sources, market studies, and databases to augment and
update Alira Health’s knowledge base
• Monitor important developments, initiatives, news, legislation, corporate activities
and M&A transactions to analyze the impact of these actions on strategies and
• Support Associates in preparation of strategy consulting deliverables, including market, company portfolio, and strategic analyses
• Work with team to develop and refine recommendations with the client’s strategic intent in mind
• Develop and edit slide presentations, spreadsheets or other communications to convey insights and recommendations directly to the client
• Performs additional duties as required
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Working towards a BS/BA in business, finance, or economics from a top undergraduate program with an expected graduation date of Spring 2023.
• Applicants working towards a BS in the Life Sciences and those with prior consulting or banking experience will also be considered
• Passion for the healthcare industry with general knowledge of US healthcare, regulatory, and reimbursement systems
• Strong analytical skills and ability to problem-solve unstructured or ambiguous challenges
• Experience conducting primary and secondary research
• Strong command of English, both written and verbal
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
• Self-starter who thrives in a collaborative, yet less structured team environment
• Authorization to work in the U.S.