View job on Handshake
When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As an Analyst – Fund Management at Hines, you will focus on the analysis of real estate investment opportunities and will play a key role in defining and communicating asset and fund level strategy to investors and prospective investors throughout the fund’s marketing and operations phase. Reports to the Assistant Fund Manager/Director, Fund Management – Americas. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist and eventually lead the review and underwriting of potential fund investments, including creation and review of financial models, analysis of opportunities and risks, market and competitive research, and evaluation of economic impacts to the broader fund portfolio.
- Manage the Fund’s deal pipeline by creating and updating deal summaries with varying levels of detail for use by the fund team, broader internal stakeholders, and external audiences.
- Utilize internal and external resources as well as market intelligence and quantitative research data to assist in opportunity review and fund marketing.
- Maintain and update various fund documents throughout the lifecycle of the fund ensuring alignment with fund objectives and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Coordinate and execute special projects as needed.
- General support of senior team members in decision-making and strategy execution.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- One or more years of related experience (finance and/or real estate) preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to produce effective investment briefs and strategy presentations.
- Does not stop at easy answers; pursues quantitative and qualitative topics with curiosity and diligence by drawing on related topics and prior experience.
- Ability to distill complex concepts in an efficient and succinct manner.
- Mastery of the MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and the ability to produce and review well-curated analyses and presentations on a variety of topics.
- Experience with financial analysis, real estate underwriting and Argus Enterprise preferred but not required; however, the right candidate will demonstrate an aptitude for quantitative analysis and be willing build upon existing skills in these areas.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work well within a fast-paced team environment while managing multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 285 cities in 28 countries. Hines oversees investment assets under management totaling approximately $90.3 billion¹. In addition, Hines provides third-party property-level services to 373 properties totaling 114.2 million square feet. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired approximately 1,530 properties, totaling over 511 million square feet. The firm currently has more than 198 developments underway around the world. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a foundational commitment to ESG, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit www.hines.com for more information. ¹Includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM as of December 31, 2021.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please