View job on Handshake
We are engineers, high line workers, power plant managers, accountants, electricians, project coordinators, risk analysts, customer service operators, community representatives, safety and security specialists, communicators, human resources partners, information technology technicians and much, much more. We are 3,300 people committed to enhancing the lives of the communities we serve. Together, we are powering the growth and success of our community progress every day!
Performs daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual “middle office” hedging, credit analysis, exposure management, and counterparty risk and compliance-related activities. Supports complex financial reporting and projects related to risk, internal control, fuels, hedging, congestion revenue rights, and other energy market activities. The successful candidate will also conduct counterparty credit worthiness reviews and contractual credit term reviews that assess the potential risk associated with CPS Energy third-party vendors, participate in the Management Financial Responsibility & Disclosure Certification process supporting financing transactions and reporting, and perform other activities, including unique reviews and engagements.
GRADE: 11, 12, 14, 15*
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
DEADLINE TO APPLY: June 28, 2022
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with business units across the organization to support identifying, assessing, and mitigating risks.
- Performs CPS Energy’s credit analysis, exposure management, and counterparty risk activities, including daily reporting and special initiatives, studies, and assignments.
- Reviews and develops credit and collateral-related contract terms.
- Executes independent validation of all hedging contracts and hedging models that support mid and long-term power and fuel transaction P&L models.
- Monitors the Mark-to-Market (M-t-M) valuation of all forward transactions on CPS Energy’s books to ensure compliance with credit limits and thresholds and recommend strategy changes if required.
- Partners to develop and enforce power trading risk thresholds, including potential counterparty exposure, and considers the overall portfolio impact of potential mid or long-term power transactions to existing mid and long-term transactions.
- To all CPS Energy employee levels, advocate the importance of compliance with hedging program governance.
- Participates in complex, strategic project-based, and special projects that may require multi-functional cooperation.
- Executes the financial implementation of new and extensive Dodd-Frank regulations.
- Participates in the Management Financial Responsibility & Disclosure Certification Process, supporting enterprise financing transactions and corporate reporting
Personal Computer Usage
Minimum Knowledge and Abilities
Possess a valid driver’s license with a history of a safe driving record in accordance with CPSE policies, procedures, safety standards, and applicable laws and regulations
Accountant/analyst experience in a field supporting and providing technical and analytical solutions.
Initiative to work independently or as a member of a team, coordinating with others to achieve desired results
Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) at all levels of the organization
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service.
Ability to make independent decisions and often makes recommendations which affect the section, department and/or division
Ability to work concurrently with multiple deadlines and deliverables; great attention to detail; results oriented.
Ability to work at any location at any time with extensive time in the field working with business areas
Knowledge of accounting/analyst experience in a field supporting and providing financial and operational solutions.
Relative experiences in financial/project management for Operational Units.
Ability to identify alternative solutions for development of decision-making proposals, which support organizational goals/objectives and budget constraints.
Understands processes and procedures in specialized field.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or other related business field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or other related finance or accounting certification.
- Experience with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) solutions such as SAP, PeopleSoft, or Hyperion.
- Experience with the electric or gas utility industry gained through experience at an electric / gas utility, an investment bank, consultant, or other professional service provider serving the industry.
Working with Ambiguity
Driving for Results
Evaluating and Implementing Ideas
Driving Continuous Improvement
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with concentration in Finance, Accounting, Auditing or related field from an accredited university.
Indoor work, operating computer, manual dexterity, talking, hearing, repetitive motion. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator. Ability to travel between business related events. Work hours may be extended.
CPS Energy does not discriminate against applicants or employees. CPS Energy is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfers and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information or any other protected status. CPS Energy will comply with all laws and regulations.