View job on Handshake
ANALYST – ENGINEER – RESEARCH ENGINEER – GEOLOCATION
Who We Are:
Join a fast-moving team working on applied research and development in the areas of geolocation and array processing. Work with multi-discipline teams, develop new algorithms or modifications to existing techniques, test with real world data, and see your work make a difference in the field.
Objectives of this Role:
- At Southwest Research Institute, “Research” is our middle name. In keeping with that, this position at SwRI provides the opportunity for career-long learning with a wide diversity in project activities for a variety of project managers and external clients.
- SwRI has an exciting opportunity for creative problem solvers with a background in some combination of control theory, optimization, RF propagation, and signal processing.
- Develop novel solutions to tough problems that matter to our clients and, in many cases, national security.
- Learn from one or two subject matter experts and mentors and become one yourself to provide this expertise to a wide range of applications in radio frequency signal exploitation.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Provide solutions and technical expertise in the areas of time-difference-of-arrival (TDOA) and frequency-difference of arrival (FDOA) geolocation, line-of-bearing (LOB) fixing, and techniques that may include non-line-of-sight models (such as ionospheric ray tracing).
- Support R&D activities and grow into a leadership role over time.
- Write internal R&D proposals and run the resulting projects as principal investigator.
- Interact with clients directly and present your work.
- Requires a Masters with a 3.00 GPA in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math, or Computational Mathematics
- 0-5 years: Master’s degree with thesis in one of the following areas: controls, signal processing, array processing, geolocation, estimation theory, machine learning applied to geolocation or signal processing, or HF (ionospheric) propagation
- Experience with one or more of the following: python, MATLAB, and/or C++ is helpful
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.