At Essex, we provide outstanding communities in which to live, work and invest. Our associates are offered competitive salaries, experience career growth, and receive comprehensive benefit packages such as medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match, excellence rewards, wellness programs and more. Essex is committed to engaging, enabling, and empowering associates to thrive. We invite you to experience this exciting employee journey with us!
The Associate will be an integral member of Essex’s industry-leading Data & Analytics group, with significant accountability for firmwide data science and advanced analytics. These initiatives encompass market forecasting and predictive analytics, spatial methods, advanced Operational analytics to drive revenue growth and margin efficiencies, and the broad application of machine learning for portfolio investment strategy.
Departmental responsibilities include:
- Leverage cutting-edge data and analytical methods to identify actionable trends in residential real estate, including continuous improvement of the firm’s innovative forecasting models.
- Actively contribute to cross-functional analytical teams, to drive actionable, value-added insights across investments, asset management, operations, marketing, and human resources.
- Assist in pursuing the Department’s research & development initiative to secure innovative and proprietary data in support of advancing the firm’s varied analytical and forecasting initiatives.
- Assist in the design and implementation of data workflows and data visualization methods that are designed to enhance the productive value of Essex’s extensive and growing set of proprietary data.
- Graduate degree in statistics/data science, economics, computer science, or a bachelor’s degree in a similar quantitative field along with 2-3 years of directly relevant experience in advanced data analytics.
- Strong proficiency in data analytics with SQL and either Python or R is required.
- Experience with BI data visualization (PowerBI/Tableau), cloud-computing platforms (AWS/Azure), data warehousing, and GIS analytics is a strong plus.
- Self-motivated and highly curious, with strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative working style.