Notes to applicants:
- Most roles at Dimensional will be part of our best-of-both hybrid working model. This includes working together in the office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, and choosing to work where one works best on Mondays and Fridays. This maximizes in person collaboration and interaction while simultaneously providing flexibility. This broad universal approach applies to most roles globally with a few exceptions that require more or less time in the office. Please discuss with your Recruiter to confirm the details for this specific role.
- Resumes and portfolios (when applicable) are required as part of your application. When applying from a mobile device or tablet, you may not be able to attach a resume. If you cannot include an attachment at the time of your application, you will receive a follow up email asking you to attach your resume from a computer.
The Research Department at Dimensional is integral both in the successful day-to-day functioning of the firm and in developing Dimensional’s long-term strategy. The team produces high-quality, thought-leadership research on investments and financial markets that is of interest to clients. The team also leads the development of the firm’s investment approach, the application of that approach through portfolio management and trading, and the implementation of technology solutions that make the investment process more efficient.
Investment Analytics and Data (IAD) is part of the Research Department within Dimensional. Data and data analysis are at the underpinnings of how Dimensional constructs and manages portfolios and works to provide the best investment experience possible for our clients. IAD is responsible for ownership of investment data, which means managing data from acquisition through distribution, driving analysis to create information from data, and creating the information and analysis consumed by internal and external reports. IAD is a hub group touching numerous areas of the implementation of the investment process and interacting with most other departments within Dimensional. The Data Distribution team is responsible for managing data projects and building analytical tools for internal and external users. This team focuses on quantitative problem solving, creative solutions, and communicating with departments across the firm. Members of this team are experts on Dimensional’s data and confident product owners who work closely with a partner Technology team.
The Data Distribution team seeks analysts or associates (role and compensation will depend on relevant experience) capable of supporting key initiatives underpinning our daily implementation process. The work is team-based and involves architecting systems, building systems and processes, manual and automated testing of data services, and performing and explaining ad hoc analysis around portfolio construction and explanation of portfolio performance. Success in this role, including career progression, will be driven by successfully developing and maintaining the analytical investment data tools and processes for internal and external users, and by enhancing operational efficiencies at Dimensional to deliver value-added investment solutions to our clients.
- Design and build systems from start to finish and take ownership over the final product, in partnership with Technology teams.
- Assist in data architecture for distribution of investment data to internal clients and help define and build data structures for exposure of data to end consumers.
- Define requirements and develop new processes, in partnership with teams across the organization.
- Work with clients to gather and define requirements for core business systems, in partnership with teams across the organization.
- Work with members of the investment teams to answer questions and perform analysis related to the construction of portfolios and related data.
- Contribute to ongoing efficiency efforts through automation, process design, and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least one year of relevant experience working with large datasets, performing quantitative analysis, and using SQL, T-SQL, or similar data management tools.
- Experience in Python is strongly desired.
- Experience in using and testing Web APIs is a plus.
- Experience in fixed income data and reporting is a plus.
- Experience with the Agile methodology of software development is a plus.
- Experience in articulating requirements to developers.
- Experience with QA and acceptance testing is a plus.
- Self-starter capable of managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and solutions to technical and non-technical teams.
Dimensional offers a variety of programs to help take care of you, your family, and your career, including comprehensive benefits, educational initiatives, and special celebrations of our history, culture, and growth.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, job assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, discipline, termination, and social and recreational programs.