ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POSITION, PLEASE CONTACT HEATHER CARR AT HEATHERC@LEOINC.ORG OR SEND A HANDSHAKE MESSAGE
(Please do not email firstname.lastname@example.org)
AmeriCorps VISTA: Community Data, Technology, and Resource Coordinator
Program Type: AmeriCorps VISTA
Program: LEO Inc.
Work Schedule: Full Time
Education level: College degree or High school diploma/GED and relevant work experience
Age Requirement: Minimum: 18 Maximum: None
Program Location: Lynn, MA
Start/End Date*: One full year from start date
*Disregard the Start/End date listed on the AmeriCorps page posting
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) members serve full-time for a year at nonprofit organizations or local government agencies to build the capacity of these organizations to carry out programs that alleviate poverty.
LEO Inc. Is a community action agency providing supportive services for at-risk, low-income families. Stabilizing them for the short-term while investing in a long-term, two-generation approach to education that promotes economic independence and family stability. We partner with individuals, children and families in Lynn, Lynnfield, Marblehead, Nahant, Saugus, Swampscott, and Wakefield to increase participation in programs that maximize their potential. Together we demonstrate that it is possible to break the cycle of poverty and move forward.
LEO’s signature programs are Early Head Start and Head Start; early education and care for children from birth to 5 years, home heating energy assistance; and community services that provide basic needs resources to our community.
This is a great opportunity for growing and seasoned professionals with career interests in:
– Data and statistical analysis
-Data collection and management
– Public administration
– Community service
– Non-profit work
– Organizational development
The Community Data, Technology, and Resource Coordinator will assist LEO’s Chief Program Officer and Program Coordinator with interpreting data from community services programs, creating coherent and thorough presentations of that data, and developing more streamlined and accurate means of collection to better LEO’s methodology when collecting and using community data. The member will support LEO’s programs by collaborating with the Program Coordinator and other VISTA members to evaluate current program efforts based on data analysis and identify areas of growth in the supportive services that LEO provides, and the data management strategies used to collect information regarding community needs. Together with the team, the Community Data, Technology, and Resource Coordinator will help to build coherent and thriving community engagement programming.
-Process community-based data (e.g., from census, surveys, etc.) into digestible forms for reports
– Assist in writing and editing community profiles using data from communities in the greater Lynn area
-Analyze survey data for LEO’s Community Assessment Report
-Collaborate with Program Coordinator to identify areas of growth within community engagement initiatives, based on data
– Work with the Videographer and Communications Coordinator VISTA to identify ways to visually incorporate relevant data into reports and communication materials
– Collaborate with Chief Program Officer, Program Coordinator, and fellow VISTA members to evaluate strengths and areas of improvement in programs and media presence
– Develop improved methods and procedures for ongoing data management and collection efforts where the needs of multiculturally and economically diverse communities are thoroughly considered
The ideal candidate would possess:
– Experience with data analysis
– Competency in basic technical writing
– Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
– Strong work ethic and commitment to producing high-quality projects
– Excellent interpersonal strengths with a desire to build relationships among staff, clients, and donors
– Exceptional critical and creative thinking skills to assist team in creating new development goals
– Ability to multi-task while managing a workload in a fast-paced, changing, and flexible environment
– Experience working with diverse collaborators with cultural sensitivity in mind, or a strong willingness to learn and grow in these areas
– Enthusiasm towards increasing productivity and improving methods, approaches, and contributions
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is a plus
– Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
If you are interested in the position, but do not meet all the requirements above, we still encourage you to apply.
VISTA Member Benefits:
– In House Training
– $1,150.80 bi-weekly living allowance; LEO provides an additional $500 monthly rent stipend; $6,345 Segal Education Award after completion of a full-year of service*
– Health care coverage
– Experience in nonprofit management; professional development
– Student loan forbearance or deferment, accrued interest will be covered
– Childcare subsidy, where applicable
– Relocation allowance for members who are moving over 50 miles
– 10 personal days, 10 sick days, + holidays observed by LEO (will not count against 10 personal nor sick days) holidays observed by LEO will not be counted toward days off
*The Segal Education Award can be used to:
- Repay a qualified student loan; or,
- Pay the cost of attending a qualified institution of higher education
- Or, the member can choose an end of service cash stipend, approximately $1,800 for a full year of service, instead of the Segal award.
This job is:
– A good fit for recent college / high school graduates who are looking to develop their professional skills in a workplace
– A good fit for those interested in statistics, data, and data analysis
– A good fit for applicants who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
– A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
– A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
– A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
– A job for which experienced military candidates are encouraged to apply
Submit your resume and cover letter via Handshake and we will be in touch with you about the next steps.