View job on Handshake
Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19
Join the fastest growing plus-size retailer in the nation! Torrid is looking for an Allocation Analyst. In this role, you’ll manage inventory levels for assigned merchandise categories, ensuring stores have the optimal amount of product at all times. Reports to Manager of Allocation.
What You’ll Do:
- Allocates merchandise to stores and manages backstock inventory levels by evaluating various factors including, but not limited to, store volume groups, regional differences, and product category differences in order to build store inventory targets that achieve maximum store sales and gross margin.
- Analyses in-stock position for company defined basic items, developing store model stock quantities by style by size by store. Communicates reorder needs by DC and by size to Planning & Merchant teams regularly.
- Analyses of business trends, including but not limited to, category performance, regional performance, and size selling.
- Develops allocation strategies to support the flow of inventory during peak periods and to support stores that have unique events, space constraints, and other factors.
- Partners with Manager and Planning team to determine monthly allocation strategies.
- Validates buys for the Merchant and Planning team; splitting order quantities by size and by distribution center.
- Support Merchant and Planning team in developing store groups for test buys and helping analyze test results.
- Supports Web Merchant and Planning team, providing size breaks for web-specific orders and reorders.
What You’ll Need:
- Associates Degree preferably in Mathematics, Economics or Statistics.
- Prior experience in retail allocation experience a plus.
- Basic understanding/knowledge of retail math.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications, specifically Excel & Outlook.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting the requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
What You’ll Get:
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
- Additional perks to consider are generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, café, weekly on-site physician, chiropractor, masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more.