View job on Handshake
The Help Desk Analyst position is a part of the Administrative Information Management Services (AIMS) unit within the Division of Information Technology (DoIT). AIMS provides IT services to the administrative units on campus like HR, Facilities, University Health Services, and many more.
The Help Desk Analyst will provide a combination of help desk support (level 1 & 2) and computer support both remotely and on campus using our case management system (Cherwell) and our call center solution (Finesse). You will report to the AIMS Help Desk Manager. The primary customer that this position will be supporting will be University Health Services (UHS)
Provides information technology (IT) support services to end users in support of institutional technology operation. Provides training to end users.
- 20% Completes procurements, installations, configurations, repairs, and modifications of various technology hardware, software, and associated components under general supervision
- 30% Identifies, troubleshoots, resolves, and/or escalates basic and more complex data, network connectivity, client/server processes, and application issues according to established policies and procedures
- 5% Maintains operational functions of technology systems to ensure appropriate integration, compatibility, and functionality according to established user requirements
- 25% Serves as a point of contact for individuals and groups providing standard-level organizational information about technology resources and addressing their needs
- 20% Receives and responds to inquiries from University Health Services staff and provides more complex technical information through various communication mediums according to established policies and procedures
INSTITUTIONAL STATEMENT ON DIVERSITY:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background – people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
-Demonstrated experience providing excellent customer service
-Effective written, listening, and oral communications skills
-Ability to work in a team oriented, collaborative work environment
-Ability to work independently, adjusting priorities when needed to meet demands of position
-Ability to translate technical information into understandable and usable resources for customers
-Experience with help desk call tracking and incident management applications and concepts
-Experience with workstation hardware, particularly Dell and Apple computers and HP printers and scanners
-Experience with image creation, maintenance and deployment tools and techniques (e.g. Altiris, SCCM)
-Experience with remote control software (such as: Remote Desktop, Bomgar, Symantec PCAnywhere, RHUB or equivalent)
-Experience with Microsoft’s infrastructure technologies (Active Directory, Operating Systems especially Windows 7 (and higher), MS SQL, etc.)
-Experience working in a health care environment
Drivers License – Valid and Meets UW Risk Management Standards
M-F 7 AM-5 PM
Full Time: 100%
The candidate selected for this position may perform a combination of on-site and remote work subject to an approved remote work agreement (RWA) agreement. Remote work requires successful candidates to possess their own high-speed internet and phone to perform the work on a university provided computer. For the hybrid work schedule the candidate selected will work on-site for three days a week (Mon-Wed) and remote for two days a week (Thursday-Friday).
APPOINTMENT TYPE, DURATION:
Terminal, 12 month appointment.
This position will initially last one year, with the possibility of extending the position up to a maximum of two years and/or it may turn into an ongoing appointment based on program need and funding availability.
Minimum $24.04 HOURLY
Depending on Qualifications
Employees in this position can expect to receive benefits such as generous vacation, holidays, and paid time off; competitive insurances and savings accounts; retirement benefits.
Please note that successful applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship, on or before the effective date of appointment.
HOW TO APPLY: