View job on Handshake
Careers at UnitedHealth Group
We’re creating opportunities in every corner of the health care marketplace to improve lives while we’re building careers. At UnitedHealth Group, we support you with the latest tools, advanced training and the combined strength of high caliber co-workers who share your passion, your energy and your commitment to quality. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
UnitedHealthcare is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
We are seeking an energetic, creative and customer-focused individual committed to driving UHC messaging products & backlog into the market. This individual will have the passion to create an excellent customer service chatbot. The role includes- creating, qualifying, monitoring and analyzing chatbot data for excellent AI based automated customer service.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
This role is seeking a full-time candidate hire as soon as possible.
- Analyze conversations, raw data, and performance metrics and draw conclusions to support business decisions
- Research and analyze intents, and the associated customer journey, to determine performance in achieving bot containment
- Own and interpret bot performance metrics to hypothesize where design changes can be made and tested to drive specific goals
- Design user journeys and conversational flows
- Evolve strategies as the bot is tuned or has capabilities enhanced
- Regularly test chatbot and troubleshoot the journey for anomalies
- Participate in production rollout processes
- Work with multiple Product Owners to assure efficiently planned releases
- Domain Tuning
- Define the intent model for Natural Language Understanding (NLU) and how it maps into conversation designs
- Ensure chatbot can communicate in a variety of scenarios
- Dialogue Tuning
- Review customer transcripts to identify gaps in the conversation design and target improvements
- Add and/or remove intent recognition within the bot
- Collaborate with project managers, conversational designers, developers, and bot tuners to execute on bot implementation and improvement
- Define and maintain consumer facing automated messages per LOB
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1 + year experience of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and NLP (Natural Language Process) in an industry, classroom, or lab environment
- Experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- Experience in a programming language such as Java or Python
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive, people-oriented attitude
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced, matrix organization
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let’s talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry’s singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they’re found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It’s where you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Business Process Analyst, Business Process Analyst, Business Analyst, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, NLP, Work From Home, WFH, Work At Home, WAH, Remote