View job on Handshake
Congregation Shalom, a Reform Jewish synagogue in Fox Point, Wisconsin, is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team. This full-time position combines strong administrative skills and outstanding interpersonal skills. The Administrative Assistant is a key member of the support team, helping to ensure the smooth operation of the synagogue.
Primary Job Functions:
- Provide administrative and logistical support required for the smooth running of all Shabbat, life cycle events, festival and High Holy Day services and activities.
- Assist with tracking and coordination of program registrations
- Create floorplans for events and coordinate set-ups and take downs with maintenance staff.
- Select caterers, plan event menus and oversee food service.
- Design innovative flyers and assist with their production.
- Assist in creating publicity, communication, scheduling and follow through of all congregational programs.
- Manage and maintain the general synagogue calendar.
- Schedule maintenance staff based on the calendar of events in the building.
- Answer and screen phone calls, make appointments, and produce correspondence as directed.
- Handle office tasks such as filing, generating reports, gathering information for meetings and events, keeping inventory and ordering supplies.
- Create documents and manage synagogue mailings, working with volunteers and outside vendors supporting the temple.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy tremendous diversity in your work, and are drawn to creative problem-solving, you will find great fulfillment in this position. Furthermore, the ideal candidate will be a team player who enjoys working collaboratively with co-workers. More specifically, we are seeking a kind and caring individual to fill this position who has:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A professional demeanor
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and utilize discretion
- Prior administrative experience
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher), Constant Contact and Social Media Platforms such as FaceBook, Instagram, YouTube channels
- Basic knowledge of Judaism or willingness to learn about Jewish practices and customs
Benefits include paid personal time off, vacation, paid Jewish and secular holidays, heavily subsidized health insurance, employer matching contribution to 403b, HSA or FSA plan.
This position has a salary range of $45K-$55K.