Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Primary hiring locations are offices in GA, IN, KY, MO, OH, VA, and WI. There may be select opportunities in other Anthem states based on local business hiring needs.
The Actuarial Analyst will be responsible for analyzing, developing, and validating statistical data.
Essential duties to include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Under limited supervision, applies the appropriate actuarial analytical tools to the data and performs preliminary actuarial and statistical analysis.
- Updates actuarial models as directed.
- Collects and refines appropriate data for actuarial analysis and ensures its reasonableness and accuracy, in addition to identifying and resolving errors.
- Ability to suggest creative methods to enhance the effectiveness of processes and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications – External
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field
- At least one actuarial exam completed
- Knowledge of actuarial and statistical modeling techniques used in actuarial projections
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership ability as evidenced in extra-curricular activities
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communications
- Exceptional in problem-solving and critcal thinkning
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, Visual Basic, and Word)
- Prior experience in corporate environment internship
- Prior experience in an insurance industry internship
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $56,800 – $71,000
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
* The hourly or salary range is the range Anthem in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.