View job on Handshake
Data Analyst, Riverside Capital Appreciation
The Riverside Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and embraces the diversity of its people and encourages women and minorities to apply. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Riverside Capital Appreciation (“RCAF”) is a private equity strategy focused on control buyouts of businesses across a range of sectors with $10-$35m in EBITDA. The five core sectors this group specializes in are: branded goods & services, education & training, healthcare IT & services, specialty manufacturing and distribution, as well as tech-enabled business services/software. Currently, RCAF is deploying equity from its seventh vintage.
The Data Analyst will support the collection, analysis, and presentation of data for the leadership and operating teams under the direction of the VP, Financial Planning & Analysis/ESG.
The analyst’s responsibilities will include:
- Roll-up portfolio companies operating plans and forecasts submissions and provide executive level presentations
- Lead quarter end financial and valuation work for the RCAF Finance team
- Partner with portfolio companies and Strategic Analysis team to maintain portfolio company financials in internal database
- Improve monthly portfolio summaries/charts to clearly represent forecasted and actual financial performance
- Partner with stakeholders to maintain datasets and create dashboards that can be used day-to-day by the commercial growth and operating teams
- Support data and presentation requests for investors, fundraising, and internal meetings
- Actively support RCAF’s DataLink project which will involve mining datasets (Excel, Tableau, Power BI, etc.), creating dashboards and analyzing/disseminating information
- Support the Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) initiative with data collection, reporting, and dashboard creation
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements for this position include:
- 1-2 years of transferrable experience
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills: experience in prior jobs interpreting data and drawing conclusions
- Ability to present research and analytics graphically to support insights
- Experience with database management and creating dashboards with business intelligence tools (i.e Tableau, Power BI)
- Experience with SQL Server and data lakes/warehouses (i.e Snowflake, AWS) a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attitude of energy and urgency
- A self-starter, and team player, with a curious mind!
Job Type: Full-time, exempt
Reporting Structure: Reports to VP, Financial Planning & Analysis/ESG
Location: Cleveland, OH
Required education: Bachelor’s Degree from a top tier school
Required experience: 1-2 years of experience in a corporate finance function, financial planning & analysis function, or management consulting