This grant-funded position is located in the Environmental Quality Department.
Salary Grade: 51
Serves as environmental data analyst and coordinator in matters relating to environmental policy and regulatory compliance by analyzing local, state, and federal regulations. Performs technical work in the repair, maintenance, installation, calibration, modification, and quality control checks of field environmental instrumentation throughout eastern Pima County.
Please note: Successful candidates offered employment with Pima County, including current employees who have applied for new positions, are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to their scheduled start date. If you are unable to become fully vaccinated due to a medical disability or religious observance/practice, you must request an accommodation – accommodation forms are located online.
(1) A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in an environmental science, environmental engineering, chemical engineering, biochemistry, biosystems analysis, or a closely related field as defined by the appointing authority at the time of the recruitment and two years of technical experience in wastewater, water treatment, drinking water, groundwater, surface water, air quality control, solid waste, hazardous waste, sustainability or general environmental management.
(Relevant experience and/or education from an accredited college or university may be substituted.)
(2) An associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 18 credit hours in an environmental science, environmental engineering, chemical engineering, biochemistry or biosystems analysis, or a closely related field as defined by the appointing authority at the time of the recruitment and four years of technical experience in wastewater, water treatment, drinking water, groundwater, surface water, air quality control, solid waste, hazardous waste, sustainability, or general environmental management.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the “Education” and “Work Experience” sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write “see resume” on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Knowledge of/experience with the operation and maintenance of air monitoring data collection and validation tools.
- Experience in the testing and analysis of scientific data and sample collection.
- Experience generating graphs and statistics using Excel and Access, word processing, spreadsheet applications, and computer systems as used in an analytical laboratory.
- Two (2) years experience in the installation, calibration, troubleshooting, and repair of scientific, laboratory, or medical instrumentation or equipment, or industrial process control, sound, light, or communications instrumentation or equipment.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.