View job on Handshake
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Commercial Banking Analyst Program is a multi-faceted early talent program that incorporates formal training, feedback and coaching from mentors, managers, and peers, and on-the-job experiences to develop you for a future career within Commercial Banking. Throughout the program, you will build analytical, interpersonal, and leaderships skills, including credit underwriting, relationship management, and risk identification and mitigation. Analysts also participate in career and professional development activities and network with employees at all levels throughout Wells Fargo.
Commercial Banking provides financial solutions to businesses with annual sales generally in excess of $5 million. Our business lines are Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Middle Market Banking, and Treasury Management & Payment Solutions. We are hiring for the two businesses below:
Commercial Capital: A market leader in providing working capital, sales financing, investment capital, trust services, strategic capital, global receivables & trade finance, and renewables project finance.
Middle Market Banking: Services private and public companies with annual sales of $5 million to $2 billion and provides specialized expertise across industry sectors.
You can learn more about our programs at https://www.wellsfargojobs.com/university-programs.
In the Commercial Banking analyst role you will:
* Partner with relationship managers and credit underwriters to structure multi-million dollar transactions
* Analyze companies’ financial, operational, and management strengths and weaknesses to identify potential capital, balance sheet, and reputation risks.
* Conduct in-depth industry research to identify key drivers, challenges, and trends that are most relevant
* Assemble a variety of financial schedules including projections in support of recommended credit actions and decisioning models as a tool for processing small customer credit requests.
* Prepare comprehensive company annual financial reviews as well as underwriting memorandums focusing on a company’s leverage, key risk factors, sources of repayment, cash flow, and ability to service debt.
* Monitor and evaluate customer financial and operational performance and how each may impact overall risk management and assessment. Review loan agreements and other legal documents related to credit exposures.
* Participate in client meetings, due diligence visits, and other client interactions to gain exposure to key executives and senior bankers.
* Engage in creative thinking and idea generation to prepare discussion materials that focus on issues impacting the company and prepare relationship managers for customer or prospect dialogue.
* Assess and understand client needs to effectively identify other Wells Fargo products and services that can help clients achieve their goals.
SUPPPORT FOR YOUR SUCCESS
We focus on your training and professional development, so you will be prepared to take your next career step once you complete the program. In both Middle Market Banking and Commercial Capital, you will receive:
* On-the-job experience: Working as part of a high-performing team in your business group is how you will gain in-depth experience as an analyst. You will begin to build your analytical skills and understanding of credit by actively participating in your team’s day-to-day activities.
* Formal training: Individual and group training will foster a deeper understanding of your business and, you will become familiar with financial, technical, and operational tools and processes designed to help you improve your credit underwriting/problem-solving skills. Professional development opportunities are embedded to develop communication and leadership skills while you sharpen strengths.
Middle Market Banking (MMB) analysts can also expect the following:
* Development Hub Stage
You will begin your program in our Development Hub located in Charlotte, NC. During this six-month stage, you will participate in numerous learning activities and develop your credit underwriting skills through on-the-job credit report preparation. In addition, you will be introduced to aspects of relationship management and business development, hear from senior leaders and product partner experts, and participate in community service and team building events. Upon successful completion of the Development Hub, you will transfer to a centralized or in-market Middle Market Banking office.
Offers can be for a specific MMB team, or a MMB metropolitan area or region of the country. If a MMB metropolitan or regional offer, your placement location will be determined prior to completion of the six-months in the Development Hub.
* Middle Market Banking Office Stage
Upon your successful completion of the Development Hub and transition to your MMB office, you will work alongside experienced employees to further deepen your knowledge and develop your analytical, underwriting, and relationship management skills by actively contributing in your team’s day-to-day customer and prospect management activities.
YOUR NEXT STEPS
The Commercial Banking Analyst Programs are designed to assist participants to in a long-term career at Wells Fargo. After successfully completing the program, analysts are set up for a multitude of roles, including:
* Commercial Capital roles such as Relationship Manager, Credit Analyst, Credit Underwriter, Portfolio Manager, Loan Syndication Analyst, and others.
* Middle Market Banking roles such as relationship or credit risk management, in which you will support client relationships by working with a company’s management team to understand their short- and long-term needs.
Required Qualifications, US:
* 6+ months of Commercial Banking Portfolio Management – Program experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
* Bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date in December 2022 or May/June 2023
* Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
* Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* High level of initiative and accountability
* Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
* Solid problem solving and decision-making skills
* Proven leadership through internships, part-time or full-time work, and/or extracurricular activities
San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, Concord
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation, and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
May be considered for a discretionary bonus, Restricted Share Rights, or other long-term incentive awards.