ABOUT HALLMARK’S INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
We need sharp, energetic people to help us create, engineer, market, and deliver our products worldwide. Hallmark offers summer internships for students pursuing degrees in areas such as Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Communications, Engineering, Psychology, Statistics, Physics, Data Science, Computer Science and more! Hallmark’s internship program is held annually, starting late May and ending in early August, and provides the valuable opportunity to apply your classroom knowledge to meaningful projects in a corporate environment. In addition, you will gain exposure to Hallmark leadership, learn more about our products and initiatives, connect with employees and interns from other disciplines, and for hybrid or on-site internships, enjoy what life is like in the Kansas City metro area.
As a Supply Chain Management Intern at Hallmark, you will be exposed to either the distribution and supply chain processes utilized by Hallmark to manufacture and deliver our products, or our end-to-end consumer or customer business processes and operations that enable us to deliver products to our consumers world-wide. You will work on impactful projects rooted in business need and will use your business acumen and problem-solving skills to understand Hallmark’s supply chain priorities, the goal of your project(s), and to research, strategize, develop, and potentially implement a feasible solution for your project(s) or the problem at hand. Past projects have included:
- Developing tools and standard operating procedures for understanding the paper supply chain from Hallmark’s suppliers to provide training opportunities to buyers and coordinators.
- Documenting key business operations processes; recommending and implementing process improvements that increase process efficiency, effectiveness, and performance.
- Optimizing Hallmark’s product flow and determining the best sourcing strategy for product, equipment, and services.
This is a challenging summer internship opportunity where you will have the opportunity to present your work and recommendations to senior leaders and business partners.
The following is required to be considered for this role:
- Currently pursuing a supply chain management degree or a business degree with an emphasis in supply chain, operations, or logistics with a graduation date of December 2023, May 2024, December 2024, or May 2025.
Your resume and application will stand out if you have:
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (GPA must be stated on your resume).
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; both written and verbal.
- High learning agility and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Goal and results oriented; works with urgency and a high degree of personal accountability.
- Manages well through ambiguity.
- Previous internship experience in a business, logistics, operations, engineering, or supply chain field.
All Supply Chain internships will be on site at one of the following locations: Hallmark Headquarters (Kansas City, MO), Liberty Distribution Center (Liberty, MO), Production Center (Lawrence, KS), or Production Center (Leavenworth, KS). All of these locations are within 45 minutes of downtown Kansas City, MO.
Interested? Follow the application instructions below to apply.
You must show how you meet the basic qualifications in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are DOCX and PDF.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
ABOUT HALLMARK – Because Connecting With Each Other Has Never Been More Important
When you join Hallmark, we will go out of our way to make you feel like part of the team, even in a remote/hybrid work environment. In the day-to-day, we’ll make the best use of the skills and talents you already have. We’ll also give you leadership opportunities and show you multiple potential pathways to future success.